|Full name||Laura Jane Lengthorn|
2 November 1983 |
Great Yarmouth, England
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||66 kilograms (146 lb)|
|Coached by||David Pearson, Daniel Massaro|
|Women's singles and doubles|
|Highest ranking||No. 2 (October, 2012)|
|Current ranking||No. 3 (January, 2015)|
|World Open||W (2013)|
|Last updated on: January, 2015.|
She was born Laura Lengthorn on 2 November 1983 in Great Yarmouth. She attended Albany High School, Chorley, which is now called Albany Science College. In July 2007, she married Danny Massaro and became Laura Lengthorn-Massaro. She subsequently dropped 'Lengthorn' from her name and is now known professionally as Laura Massaro .
She won her first top-level title at the German Open in 2004 and went on to become British Open champion in 2013  and World Champion in 2014, so become the first Englishwoman to hold both titles at once. She is also a three-time silver medallist for England in Commonwealth Games.
Massaro has been shortlisted for the Sunday Times Sky Sports Sportswomen of the Year awards. She won the WISPA Player of the Year award in 2011. She won the US Open and the Cleveland Classic in 2011, the Sharm El Sheikh Open in 2010, and the Monte Carlo Classic in 2008.
Massaro also won the British National Squash Championships in 2011, defeating Jenny Duncalf in the final 7–11, 11–9, 7–11, 11–7, 11–2. She had previously finished runner-up at the championships in 2008 (losing in the final to Alison Waters 11–6, 7–11, 8–11, 9–11).
At the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Massaro won a Silver Medal in the women's doubles (partnering Jenny Duncalf). She followed up four years later at the 2014 Commonwealth Games with two silver medals - silver in singles after finishing runner-up to Nicol David and another silver in doubles with Duncalf.
Massaro won the British Open in 2013. She was the first English woman to do so in 22 years.
Laura's sponsors include 305SQUASH for clothing, Head for rackets, Asics for shoes and Technifibre for strings. She is also sponsored by UK Fast, Proto-Col and CourtCare and is provided with a sponsored car by Corkhills Volkswagen in Wigan.
After starting 2014 brightly by winning the WSA World Tour title in Chicago, Massaro won the biggest title of her career to date2013 World Open in Penang beating Nour El Sherbini in the final. Her achievement, alongside that of reigning men's World Champion Nick Matthew, meant that England had two current world squash champions for the first time.
At the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in July, Massaro went unbeaten through the women's singles - including a semi-final against compatriot Alison Waters - before falling to David in the gold medal match. She and Duncalf then joined forces in the doubles and won through to the final, where they lost to Indians Dipika Pallikal and Joshana Chinappa in straight games.
October saw Massaro reach the quarter-finals of the US Open, where she lost to Nour El-Sherbini.
Finals: 2 (1 title, 1 runner-up)
|Outcome||Year||Location||Opponent in the final||Score in the final|
|Runner-up||2012||Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands||Nicol David||11–6, 11–8, 11–6|
|Winner||2013||Penang, Malaysia||Nour El Sherbini||11–7, 6–11, 11–9, 5–11, 11–9|
Major World Series final appearances
British Open: 3 finals (1 title, 2 runner-up)
|Outcome||Year||Opponent in the final||Score in the final|
|Winner||2013||Nicol David||11-4, 3-11, 12-10, 11-8|
|Runner-up||2014||Nicol David||8-11, 11-5, 11-7, 11-8|
|Runner-up||2015||Camille Serme||11-3, 11-5, 8-11, 11-8|
- "Final victory for Laura". Leyland Guardian. Johnston Press Digital Publishing. 15 October 2003. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Elevated Wolverhampton Open Attracts High Class Entries". Wolverhampton Open. Squash Player. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/05/british-open-squash-laura-massaro-beats-nicol-david-to-take-title/. Missing or empty
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/squash/26705235. Missing or empty
- http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sportswomen/news/9532036/the-sunday-times-sky-sports-sportswomen-of-the-year-awards. Missing or empty
- http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2014-08-02/massaro-claims-second-silver-of-commonwealth-games/. Missing or empty
- http://www.wiganworld.co.uk/news/index.php?opt=NWLN&cid=3473. Missing or empty
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/squash/24798865. Missing or empty
- http://www.usopensquash.com/today14-quarters-bottom/. Missing or empty
- "Women's World Open" (PDF). WSF. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laura Massaro.|
- Laura Massaro official website
- Laura Massaro profile on the WISPA
- Laura Massaro profile on the WSA
- Laura Massaro profile on SquashInfo
|Awards and achievements|
|WISPA Most Improved Player of the Year
|WSA Player of the Year