Laura Elizabeth Tobin
10 October 1981
|Education||Duston Upper School|
|Alma mater||Reading University|
|Employer||BBC (2007–12) |
Good Morning Britain (2014—)
|Spouse(s)||Dean Brown (m. 2010)|
Laura Elizabeth Tobin (born 10 October 1981) is an English broadcast meteorologist, currently employed by ITV. Tobin worked for the BBC before moving to the ITV Breakfast programme Daybreak in 2012. Daybreak was later replaced by Good Morning Britain in early 2014. Tobin currently presents the weather bulletins for the programme.
Early life and education
Tobin was born and raised in Northampton. She attended Duston Upper School, gaining A-Levels in Mathematics, Physics and Art, and then obtained a degree in Physics and Meteorology at Reading University. Tobin also completed a World Meteorological Organization course on climate.
On graduation from the University of Reading in 2003, she joined the Met Office. On completing her training, she was assigned in October 2004 to the Cardiff Weather Centre, where she gained experience of broadcasting on BBC Radio Wales. In 2005, Tobin moved to RAF Brize Norton, providing aeronautical meteorology reports and briefings to Royal Air Force transport crews and to the media of BFBS, the British Forces Broadcasting Service.
Tobin joined the team of BBC Weather Centre forecasters at the end of 2007, eventually regularly appearing on the BBC News channel, BBC World News, BBC Radio 5 Live, and the on-demand interactive services of BBC Red Button found on digital terrestrial and digital satellite TV. She also regularly presented the weather for the BBC News at One on the BBC.
On 3 September 2012 she joined the newly relaunched breakfast programme Daybreak as the weather presenter. On 18 July 2013, Tobin appeared on BBC Radio 1's Innuendo Bingo. In April 2014, Daybreak was replaced by Good Morning Britain. Tobin continues to front the weather updates on the programme. Her first show was on 28 April 2014. In November 2015, Tobin was a contestant on a celebrity episode of The Chase. In 2016, she took part in celebrity driving show Drive, hosted by Vernon Kay.
In 2018, Tobin joined 26 other celebrities and performed an original Christmas song called Rock With Rudolph. The song was recorded in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital and was released digitally on independent record label Saga Entertainment on 30 November 2018. The music video debuted exclusively with The Sun on 29 November 2018 and had its first TV showing on Good Morning Britain on 30 November 2018. During an interview with Aled Jones and Russell Watson about their new album, Aled jested "No one listens to the weather," Tobin responded by singing a line from the song followed by "Stick that, Aled!" The song peaked at number two on the iTunes pop chart.  
Piers Morgan sexist comments
In January 2020, on Good Morning Britain, Piers Morgan commented on Tobin's outfit describing her trousers as "hot leather pants". He quickly gained widespread attention for his comments which were deemed as an example of workplace sexual harassment, and that he was ogling Tobin and sexually objectifying her appearance, other viewers also pointed out that his comments were "sexist" and "humiliating". 
|2007–2012||BBC Weather||Weather presenter|
|2014—||Good Morning Britain||Weather presenter|
|2015||The Chase: Celebrity Special||Contestant|
|2017||Sharknado 5: Global Swarming||Herself||Cameo role|
|2018||Rock With Rudolph||Herself||Music Video|
- McMahon, Alle. "'Pommy weather girl' Laura Tobin reveals what 'infuriated' her about Craig Kelly". News Corporation. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- Bourke, Latika. "'I am so qualified': Meteorologist responds to MP Craig Kelly's insult". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- "Speaker Profile: Laura Tobin". specialistspeakers.com. 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 September 2013. Retrieved 4 March 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Laura Tobin Innuendo Bingo" – via YouTube.
- Hodgson, Claire (3 March 2014). "Susanna Reid to join new ITV breakfast show Good Morning Britain as struggling Daybreak is axed". mirror.
- "The Chase: Celebrity Special Episode 3". Press Centre.
- "Drive". Press Centre.
- "Laura Tobin becomes a World Record breaker!". www.itv.com.
- "ITV Godd Morning Britain, Kate Garraway, Ben Shephard, Laura Tobin, Aled Jones watch". express.co.uk. 2018.
- "TV Stars sing for Great Ormond Street Christmas charity single". itv.com. 2018.
- "Piers Morgan Laura Tobin leather- trousers GMB Twitter hot-pants pictures news latest". express.co.uk. 2020.
- "The Television And Radio Industries Club - Home of the TRIC Awards 2015". Tric.org.uk. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "About Laura Tobin | Presenters | Good Morning Britain | GMB". Itv.com. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Mark 'Treble' Tobin (@Mr_Tobin) | Twitter". twitter.com.
- Pryer, Emma; Robertson, Peter (22 August 2015). "TV weather girl Laura Tobin 'finds babies scary'". mirror.
- "Good Morning Britain's Laura Tobin opens up on premature birth of daughter Charlotte that left baby with underdeveloped lungs". OK!. 18 July 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Lee, Ben (14 January 2016). "Louis Walsh, Professor Green for ITV racing show Drive". Digital Spy.