Laura Unuk in 2016
|Born||9 November 1999|
|Title||Woman International Master (2014)|
|FIDE rating||2377 (May 2018)|
|Peak rating||2377 (May 2018)|
Laura Unuk (born 9 November 1999) is a Slovenian chess player who holds the title of Woman International Master. She won the girls' U16 category of the World Youth Chess Championship in 2014 and the girls' U18 category in 2017. She was Slovenian Women's Chess Champion in 2013. She is the No. 1 ranked Slovenian female player as of October 2017.
Unuk has won the Slovenian Girls Chess Championships multiple times in various age categories: U10 (2009), U12 (2011), U12 (2012), and U14 (2013). She has twice played for Slovenia at the World Youth U16 Chess Olympiads (2013, 2014). In the European Girls' U18 Team Chess Championships, she has played for Slovenia fives times (2012–2016), winning a team gold medal and individual gold medal in 2014, and an individual silver medal in 2013. In 2014, she won the U!6 category of the World Youth Chess Championship, ahead of Stavroula Tsolakidou. For this success she awarded the FIDE International Women Master (WIM) title. In 2017, she won the girls category of the World Youth Chess Championship with a score of 9½/11 (+9–1=1), 1½ points ahead of her nearest competitor..
- In 2014, at fourth board in the 41st Chess Olympiad (women) in Tromsø (+6, =3, -1),
- In 2016, at first board in the 42nd Chess Olympiad (women) in Baku (+5, =4, -1).
- In 2013, at fourth board in the 10th European Team Chess Championship (women) in Warsaw (+4, =3, -1),
- In 2015, at first board in the 11th European Team Chess Championship (women) in Reykjavik (+4, =2, -3).
- Laura Unuk chess games and profile Chess-DB.com
- Staff writer(s) (October 2017). "Federations Ranking - Slovenia". FIDE. Archived from the original on 6 October 2017.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: World Youth U16 Chess Olympiads :: Laura Unuk". www.olimpbase.org.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: European Girls' U18 Team Chess Championship :: Laura Unuk". www.olimpbase.org.
- Administrator. "FIDE Original Tournament Report". ratings.fide.com.
- http://chess-results.com, Dipl.Ing. Heinz Herzog -. "Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - World Youth Chess Championship 2017". chess-results.com.
- "23. državno šahovsko prvenstvo Slovenije za članice". www.sah-zveza.si.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: Women's Chess Olympiads :: Laura Unuk". www.olimpbase.org.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: European Women's Team Chess Championship :: Laura Unuk". www.olimpbase.org.
- Šahovska šampionka Laura Unuk