4 May 1985 |
Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
|Education||Dublin City University|
|Occupation||TV presenter, model|
|Employer||MTV, RTÉ, ITV, BBC|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Laura Whitmore (born 4 May 1985) is an Irish presenter based in London who has worked for MTV Europe, RTÉ. Known for presenting I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW! on ITV2, she recently designed a range of jewellery for Daisy London.
Whitmore was born in Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. She has two half brothers. Whitmore attended Dublin City University where she studied journalism, including a year studying abroad at Boston University in the United States.
In April 2008, MTV Networks Europe launched a campaign Pick Me MTV where Whitmore battled it out against other contestants to become the face of MTV News in MTV Europe. Between 2008 and 2015, she hosted news bulletins for MTV in Ireland, the UK and pan-European MTV channels. She was regularly seen on MTV News hosting special events in Ireland and elsewhere in Europe. One of the other entrants into this competition was Eoghan McDermott. 
Since 2011, Whitmore has co-hosted I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW! on ITV2 airing after I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!. She replaced Caroline Flack. Whitmore returned to the jungle to host a fourth series of the show in 2014.
In 2011 Whitmore appeared on the September cover of FHM. 
A pilot episode of songwriting-based talent show The Hit aired in September 2012 on RTÉ Two, hosted by Whitmore. On 15 March 2013, RTÉ announced that the show had been ordered for a full series to be broadcast in the summer. Whitmore later stepped down from presenting the series.
In 2014, Whitmore joined the BBC Eurovision team as a commentator for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 semi-finals in Copenhagen, Denmark alongside Scott Mills on BBC Three. She replaced Ana Matronic in the role.
In October 2014, Whitmore launched Misstache for Movember, a campaign for women to support and raise awareness of the men's health charity. 
Whitmore appeared on FHM's 100 Sexiest 2015 list at number 37. 
In July 2015 Laura Whitmore announced she was making her debut in fashion by bringing out her own line of jewellery. Whitmore designed the collection in collaboration with Daisy London, a UK jewellery brand.
- "Laura Whitmore: I can't stand still, not for a second". The Irish Independent. 15 April 2012.
- Rodgers, Kathryn (14 February 2012). "Babe Laura Whitmore moves in with Coronas star". Irish Tatler. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Laura Whitmore - Pick Me! FHM.com
- "My Style with Laura Whitmore"[dead link]. RTÉ, 25 November 2008.
- Laura Whitmore's Impulse Collection[dead link] A|Wear
- Fletcher, Alex (31 October 2011). "'I'm A Celebrity' return date confirmed by ITV". Digital Spy. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "FHM Covergirls Laura Whitmore". fhm.com.
- "Laura Whitmore joins Miriam on Saturday". RTÉ Ten. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.[dead link]
- The Hit gets green lit by RTÉ - RTÉ Ten
- "Red carpet ready! Laura Whitmore confirmed to host the IFTA Awards with Simon Delaney". evoke.ie. 13 March 2014.
- "Laura Whitmore talks to EVOKE.ie at the VOICE and says she can't wait to co-host the IFTAs with actor Simon Delaney". evoke.ie. 23 March 2014.
- "'You live and learn' - Why Laura Whitmore won't dwell on IFTAs and the technical hitches that beset the awards show". evoke.ie. 5 May 2014.
- "Laura adds more Irish sparkle to BBC's eurovision song show". Herald.ie. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Laura Whitmore launches charity clothing range - Plan UK
- "Laura Whitmore Misstache campaign, is gathering pace. Now Roz Purcell and Vogue Williams have joined in". evoke.ie. 9 November 2014.
- "'It's time to hang up my MTV news hat': Laura Whitmore announces plans to leave MTV". evoke.ie. 16 February 2015.
- "Laura Whitmore is back in the hot seat after hanging up her MTV news hat". evoke.ie. 17 February 2015.
- "FHM 100 Sexiest 2015". fhm.com.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Laura Whitmore is bringing out her own jewellery collection". Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "Daisy London announces Laura Whitmore collaboration | Professional Jeweller". www.professionaljeweller.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laura Whitmore.|
- Official website
- Laura Whitmore at the Internet Movie Database
- Laura Whitmore Q&A about her range of jewellery