|Born||August 4, 1975|
|Alma mater||École Normale Supérieure
Paris Diderot University
|Doctoral advisor||François Golse|
|Notable awards||EMS Prize (2008)
Satter Prize (2009)
Laure Saint-Raymond (born 1975) is a French mathematician, specializing in partial differential equations. She is a professor of mathematics at École Normale Supérieure. In 2008 she received one of the ten prizes of the European Mathematical Society.
Laure Saint-Raymond studied in Paris, entering École Normale Supérieure in 1994. In 2000 she finished her Ph.D. at Paris Diderot University, under the supervision of François Golse. Then she worked for two years for the French National Centre for Scientific Research, and was named in 2002 full professor of mathematics at Pierre-and-Marie-Curie University at the age of 27. She has been vice-head of the department of mathematics at École Normale Supérieure, and is currently professor of mathematics at Harvard University.
She has won several prizes, including in 2008 one of the prestigious European Mathematical Society Prizes, for her work on the hydrodynamic limit of the Boltzmann equation related to Hilbert's sixth problem and on other topics like ocean dynamics. Her results are being described as "a landmark in the subject".
Recently, with several coworkers, she has announced two further important results : "a rigorous derivation of the Boltzmann equation as the mesoscopic limit of systems of hard spheres, or Newtonian particles interacting via a short-range potential", and "a rigorous derivation of brownian motion as the hydrodynamic limit of systems of hard-spheres".
She gave an invited talk at the International Congress of Mathematicians in 2014, in the "Partial Differential Equations" section.
She mentioned in another interview that she is the mother of six children.
- 2003 : Louis Armand Prize of the French Academy of Sciences 
- 2004 : Claude-Antoine Peccot Award of Collège de France
- 2004 : Pius XI Gold medal of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences 
- 2006 : SIAG/APDE Prize of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (joint with François Golse) 
- 2006 : Prize of the City of Paris for Young Scientists (joint with Isabelle Gallagher) 
- 2008 : Prize of the European Mathematical Society 
- 2009 : Ruth Lyttle Satter Prize in Mathematics of the American Mathematical Society
- 2011 : Irène Joliot-Curie Prize of the "Young Scientist Woman"
- 2013 : Elected member of the French Academy of Sciences (on december 10, 2013)
- Harvard Mathematics Department Laure Saint-Raymond page
- "AMS prize citation" (PDF).
- "arXiv preprint".
- "arXiv preprint".
- "ICM 2014 Invited Speakers".
- "Other interview".
- Communication on the City of Paris website Paris
- Article that appeared in Gazette of the Société mathématique de France
- Communication of the American Mathematical Society
- Laure Saint-Raymond in the ENS website directory
- Recent CV of Laure Saint-Raymond
- Laure Saint-Raymond at the Mathematics Genealogy Project