Location within Batangas province
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||May 25, 1961 but changed to June 21,1969|
|Barangays||23 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Randy James Amo (Liberal)|
|• Total||71.29 km2 (27.53 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||22,020|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)43|
|Income class||3rd class|
Laurel, officially the Municipality of Laurel (Filipino: Bayan ng Laurel), is a municipality in the province of Batangas in the Calabarzon (Region IV-A) of the Philippines. The population was 39,444 at the 2015 census. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 22,020 registered voters.
Laurel had been part of Talisay, its current neighbor town. The town used to be known as Bayuyungan. On May 25, 1961, the town of Talisay was divided into two municipalities, and the new town was renamed "Laurel" after Miguel Laurel, known as the first Laurel in the Philippines and a longtime patriarch of the place.
Laurel is located at.
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 71.29 square kilometres (27.53 sq mi)  constituting 2.29% of the 3,119.75-square-kilometre- (1,204.54 sq mi) total area of Batangas.
|041011016||Barangay 1 (Poblacion)||1.4%||570||507||2.26%|
|041011017||Barangay 2 (Poblacion)||3.6%||1,438||1,265||2.47%|
|041011018||Barangay 3 (Poblacion)||1.7%||663||759||−2.54%|
|041011019||Barangay 4 (Poblacion)||1.5%||610||593||0.54%|
|041011020||Barangay 5 (Poblacion)||2.0%||790||674||3.07%|
|Population census of Laurel|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, Laurel had a population of 39,444. The population density was 550 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,400/sq mi).
In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 22,020 registered voters.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Fishing – Laurel's main economical source is fish culture in Taal Lake where most of local residents base their trade.
- Farming – Small rice paddies on the foothills of Taal canyon ridge provide for ricefields to farmers.
- Real estate – The town's vast land resource provide ideal location for real estate developers such as Megaworld and Fil-Estate which are mostly based in Metro Manila. Among the major real estate subdivisions located in Barangay San Gregorio are Canyon Woods and Twin Lakes.
Elected municipal officials:
- Mayor: Randy James Amo (LP) (2010–present)
- Vice Mayor: Felimon Palo Austria (LP) (2013–present)
- Angelito Rodriguez (LP) (2013–present)
- Rachelle Balba-Ogalinola (LP) (2013-present)
- Regina Landicho (LP) (2010-present)
- Andreo Landicho (LP) (2004-present)
- Junie Ulitin (LP) (2016-present)
- Domingo Tenorio (LP) (2016-present)
- Luciano Gardiola (LP) (2016-present)
- Hon.Romulo Macaraig (PDP-Laban) (2013-present)
- Placido Amo: (1972-1986) (1988-1992), 18 years in service
- Joven De Grano: (1992-1995), 3 years in service
- Natalio Panganiban: (1986-1988) and (1995-2004), 11 years in service
- John Benedict Panganiban: (2004-2010), 6 years in service
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Batangas". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- "Municipal: Laurel, Batangas". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Batangas". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Twin Lakes : Tagaytay Philippines". Twinlakestagaytay.com.ph. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laurel, Batangas.|
|Adjacent places of Laurel, Batangas|
||Nasugbu||Alfonso, Cavite / Tagaytay, Cavite||Talisay|
|Calaca||Lemery / Agoncillo|