This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Laurel Lisa Holloman
May 23, 1971
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
|Spouse(s)||Paul Macherey (m. 2002; div. 2012)|
Holloman is the youngest child in her family. She has two older brothers. She attended the University of North Carolina where she graduated with a degree in Performance Communication. She appeared in numerous theater productions in Chapel Hill and Raleigh, North Carolina, as well as in Chicago and London. She studied painting and sculpting at UCLA and at The San Francisco Art Institute.
After graduating from UNC, Holloman moved to Chicago to work with the Piven Theatre Workshop. She studied with John Lynn in Los Angeles, and was cast in David Orr's independent feature Blossom Time. She moved to New York City in early 1994 and appeared in stage productions such as Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie, Carson McCullers' The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter at the Theatre for the New City. Holloman also performed off-Broadway in Julia Jordan's Night Swim at Playwright's Horizons.
In 1995, Holloman began her film career with her role as Randy Dean in The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love. She worked steadily in a variety of mostly independent film roles, such as The Myth of Fingerprints, Boogie Nights and Tumbleweeds.
In 2012, Holloman had two solo shows: Coeur libre and Free Falling. She received favorable reviews for Free Falling, which was held at the Ateneo Veneto in Venice, Italy. Art critic Lea Mattarella reviewed Holloman's works in La Repubblica: "Holloman's paintings take us elsewhere, and at the end of the day, this is what art is all about". In April 2013, Holloman exhibited in a solo show "All The World Inside", at Palazzo Italia, in Berlin, Germany. Holloman's painting, "Swell", was chosen to be part of the group show entitled "Nell' Acqua Capisco" at the Venice Biennale, 2013. Holloman won 1st Place in Discipline Painting at the 2014 Contemporary Art Biennale of Argentina.  Holloman had two entries in the 2015 Florence Biennale and won a prize for "Into the Woods". In November 2015 she had a solo show at the Menier Gallery in London titled "The Innocents". Holloman's first solo museum show entitled "Everglow" was held in Amstelveen, Netherlands from July 2016 through August 2016 in the Museum Jan Van der Togt.
Holloman married architect Paul Macherey on July 13, 2002. They have a daughter, Lola Reiko Macherey, who was born on November 4, 2004. They adopted a second daughter, Nala Belle (meaning 'beautiful gift') on March 25, 2008. In 2011, Holloman filed for divorce, which was finalized on June 18, 2012.
|1995||The Price of Love||Roxanne||Television film|
|1995||The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love||Randy Dean|
|1996||Blossom Time||Francis Bodean|
|1997||Boogie Nights||Sheryl Lynn|
|1997||The Myth of Fingerprints||Leigh|
|1997||Dying to Belong||Shannon||Television film|
|1997||The Clearing||N/A||Short film|
|1997||The First to Go||Carrie|
|1998||Stamp and Deliver||N/A|
|1999||Loser Love||Lily Delacroix|
|1999||Lush||Ashley 'Ash' Van Dyke|
|2001||Popcorn Shrimp||Cop #1||Short film|
|2001||The Rising Place||Emily Hodge|
|1997||Cracker: Mind Over Murder||Carol||Episode: "True Romance: Part 1"|
|2001||That's Life||Karen Matlin||3 episodes|
|2001–2002||Angel||Justine Cooper||8 episodes|
|2003||Without a Trace||Joan Wilson||Episode: "Underground Railroad"|
|2004–2009||The L Word||Tina Kennard||70 episodes
Satellite Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama
|2009||Castle||Sandy Allen||Episode: "Deep in Death"|
|2010||Gigantic||RaeAnne Colvin||4 episodes|
- "Laurel Holloman speaks to Rachel Shelley about her creative career change.". Rachel Shelley, DIVA Magazine Lesbian Arts & Entertainment. 11 April 2011.
- "Laurel Holloman de "the L word" expose "coeur libre" à Paris". Glose. 17 April 2012.
- "Laurel Holloman. Free falling". Agenda Venezia. 10 August 2012.
- "Laurel Holloman -- TGR Italian News: 'Free Falling' Art Exhibit". 12 July 2012.
- "Laurel Holloman's New Abstract Art Show Lands In Berlin". Digital Journal. 22 April 2013.
- Kunst-magazin.de 8 May 2013 "Innere Landschaften"
- 55 Biennale di Venezia Exhibition Catalogue; "Swell" by Laurel Holloman published at page 245.
- "2014 Awards Art Biennial." Bienal Internacional De Arte Contemporaneo De Argentian. N.p., 7 Nov. 2014. Web. 11 Aug. 2015. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bienaldearte.com.ar%2Finformacion-general%2Fedicion-2014%2Fpremios-2014%2F>.
- "Exhibitions |". www.jvdtogt.nl. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "'L Word' Star Laurel Holloman -- Boy-Girl Divorce FINAL".