Laurel Springs School District
|Laurel Springs School District|
|623 Grand Avenue
Laurel Springs, NJ 08021
|Business administrator||William Thompson|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||359 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The Laurel Springs School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade from Laurel Springs in Camden County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For seventh and eighth grades, students from Laurel Springs attend Samuel S. Yellin Elementary School in Stratford as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Stratford School District.
For ninth grade through twelfth grade, public school students attend Sterling High School, a regional high school district that also serves students from Magnolia, Somerdale and Stratford, along with the sending districts of Hi-Nella and Laurel Springs. The high school is located in Somerdale. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 961 students and 71.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.4:1.
- Laurel Spring School had 211 students as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Kathleen Westerby, Principal
- Thomas Attanasi, Superintendent
- William Thompson, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Laurel Springs School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Public Schools, Camden County, New Jersey. Accessed January 30, 2017.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- Samuel S. Yellin School 2013 Report card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed February 2, 2017. "Samuel Yellin houses approximately 500 students that are comprised of five grade levels, ranging from 4th – 8th grade in which students from Laurel Springs enter Samuel Yellin in the 7th grade."
- Beerman, William J. "Laurel Springs Considers Transferring Students", The Philadelphia Inquirer, June 21, 1989. Accessed October 17, 2013. "The Laurel Springs school board this week continued laying the groundwork for a possible attempt to withdraw Laurel Springs students from the Sterling Regional High School in Somerdale and the Yellin School in Stratford.... Laurel Springs has only one public school, the Laurel Springs School, which houses students from kindergarten through sixth grade. Laurel Springs' seventh and eighth graders go to Yellin."
- Sterling High School 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 2, 2016. "Sterling High School District is a regional district serving Hi Nella, Laurel Springs, Magnolia, Somerdale and Stratford. Sterling is a suburban residential community, approximately 7 miles southeast of Camden, NJ and part of the Philadelphia, PA metropolitan area."
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report For the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2011, Sterling High School District. Accessed December 8, 2014. "The purpose of the School District is to provide educational services for resident students in grades 9 through 12 that reside in the Borough's of Magnolia, Somerdale and Stratford. In addition, the School District provides educational services for students in grades 9 through 12 received, on a tuition basis, from the Laurel Springs School District and the Hi-Nella School District."
- School data for Sterling High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Data for Laurel Spring School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Board of Education, Laurel Springs School District. Accessed February 2, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Camden County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Laurel Spring School
- Laurel Spring School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for Laurel Spring School, National Center for Education Statistics
- Stratford School District
- Stratford School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Sterling High School
- Sterling High School's 2015–16 School Performance Report from the New Jersey Department of Education