Boyle (black cap) and Jessica Ashwood (yellow cap) at 2015 world championships
|Full name||Lauren Marie Boyle|
|National team||New Zealand|
14 December 1987 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
|College team||University of California, Berkeley|
At the 2008 Olympic Games she was a member of the New Zealand 4 × 200 m freestyle relay team which was disqualified in the heats.
At the 2012 Olympics in London, Boyle was fourth fastest in the heats of the 400m freestyle in a New Zealand record 4:03.63. In the final she finished 8th. In the 800m heats she swam 8:25.91, also a New Zealand record, qualifying fifth fastest for the final. In the final she swam another record of 8:22.72 to finish fourth, 2.40 seconds from the bronze medal which went to defending champion and world record holder Rebecca Adlington.
At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Boyle won gold in the 400m freestyle and a silver medal in the 800m freestyle. She also finished fourth in the final of the 200m freestyle after breaking the New Zealand record in the heats.
Boyle is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley.
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (women)
- World record progression 1500 metres freestyle
- Profile at the New Zealand Olympic Committee website
- "Lauren Boyle takes record third medal at FINA World Swimming Championships in Barcelona," 3news, 4 August 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- Lauren Boyle misses the medals in 200m free stuff.co.nz, 25 July 2014
- Swimmer Lauren Boyle sets new world record stuff.co.nz, 09 August 2014
|Women's 1500 metre freestyle
world record holder (short course)
9 August 2014 – 12 December 2014