This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New York, New York, United States
Lauren Cornell is an American curator and writer based in New York. Cornell is the Director of the Graduate Program at the Center for Curatorial Studies, Bard College, and Chief Curator of the Hessel Museum of Art. Previously, she worked at the New Museum for twelve years and was the Executive Director of their affiliate Rhizome (2005-2012).
Cornell was born and raised in New York City. She started her career in the arts managing the Ocularis microcinema in Brooklyn, NY. In 2005 she joined Rhizome, but stepped down as Executive Director in July 2012 to curate the New Museum's Third Generational Triennial in 2015.
Cornell and Ed Halter co-edited the anthology Mass Effect: Art and the Internet in the Twenty-First Century (2016).
She has contributed to publications including Aperture, Art in America, ArtReview, Frieze, and Mousse, and written on artists for monographic catalogues.
- Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries Black on White, Gray Ascending, December 2007 – March 2008 (cocurated with Laura Hoptman)
- New Museum Triennial: Younger Than Jesus, April–July 2009 (cocurated with Massimiliano Gioni and Laura Hoptman)
- Free, October 2010-January 2011
- Walking Drifting Dragging, January–February 2013
- New Museum Triennial: Surround Audience, February–May 2015 (cocurated with Ryan Trecartin)
- Song, Strategy, Sign: Beatriz Santiago Munoz (co-curated with Johanna Burton and Sara O’Keeffe)
- Invisible Adversaries at CCS Bard, June–September 2016 (co-curated with Tom Eccles)
- Daniel Steegmann Mangrane: A Transparent Leaf Instead of the Mouth at CCS Bard 
- Cornell, Lauren, Massimiliano Gioni, and Laura Hoptman, eds. Younger Than Jesus: The Reader (New York: New Museum / London: Steidl & Partners, 2009
- Cornell, Lauren, ed., Free. New York: New Museum, 2010
- Cornell, Lauren and Helga Christoffersen, eds. 2015 Triennial: Surround Audience. New York: New Museum / Rizzoli Skira, 2015
- Cornell, Lauren and Ed Halter, eds. Mass Effect: Art and the Internet in the 21st Century. New York: New Museum / Cambridge, MA: the MIT Press, 2015
- Cornell, Lauren and Eccles, Tom, eds. Invisible Adversaries. New York: Hessel Museum, 2016
- Times Magazine "Timely Avant Guardian"
- Gothamist "Lauren Cornell, Executive Director of Rhizome" Archived 2015-03-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Biennial Foundation Announces Triennial Curator
- New Museum Digital Archive
- "New Museum - Digital Archive". archive.newmuseum.org. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Surround Audience: New Museum Triennial 2015 Written by Lauren Cornell and Ryan Trecartin - Rizzoli New York - Rizzoli New York". www.rizzoliusa.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Mass Effect". MIT Press. Retrieved 2016-05-18.