||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (May 2016)|
|Born||New York, New York, United States|
Lauren Cornell is Curator and Associate Director, Technology Initiatives at the New Museum in New York City. In April 2017, it was announced that Cornell would step down from the New Museum, after she was named Director of the Graduate Program, CSS Bard College.
Lauren Cornell was born and raised in New York City. She started her career in the arts managing the Ocularis microcinema in Brooklyn, NY. In 2005 she joined Rhizome, but stepped down as Executive Director in July 2012 to curate the New Museum's Third Generational Triennial in 2015.
Cornell has contributed to publications including Aperture, Art in America, ArtReview, Frieze, and Mousse, and written on artists, such as Basim Magdy, Takeshi Murata and Ryan Trecartin, for monographic catalogues.
- Invisible Adversaries at CCS Bard, June – September 2016 (co-curated with Tom Eccles)
- Song, Strategy, Sign: Beatriz Santiago Munoz (co-curated with Johanna Burton and Sara O’Keeffe)
- New Museum Triennial: Surround Audience, February–May 2015 (cocurated with Ryan Trecartin)
- Walking Drifting Dragging, January–February 2013
- Free, October 2010-January 2011
- New Museum Triennial: Younger Than Jesus, April–July 2009 (cocurated with Massimiliano Gioni and Laura Hoptman)
- YOUNG-HAE CHANG HEAVY INDUSTRIES BLACK ON WHITE, GRAY ASCENDING, December 2007-March 2008 (cocurated with Laura Hoptman) 
- Cornell, Lauren and Eccles, Tom, eds. Invisible Adversaries. New York: Hessel Museum, forthcoming June 2016
- Cornell, Lauren and Ed Halter, eds. Mass Effect: Art and the Internet in the 21st Century. New York: New Museum / Cambridge, MA: the MIT Press, fall 2015
- Cornell, Lauren and Helga Christoffersen, eds. 2015 Triennial: Surround Audience. New York: New Museum / Rizzoli Skira, spring 2015
- Cornell, Lauren, ed., Free. New York: New Museum, 2010
- Cornell, Lauren, Massimiliano Gioni, and Laura Hoptman, eds. Younger Than Jesus: The Reader (New York: New Museum / London: Steidl & Partners, 2009
- Cascone, Sarah (27 April 2017). "Lauren Cornell to Leave the New Museum for Bard College". Artnet News.
- Lauren Cornell Named Full-Time Curator at New Museum
- Times Magazine "Timely Avant Guardian"
- Gothamist "Lauren Cornell, Executive Director of Rhizome"
- Biennial Foundation Announces Triennial Curator
- Lauren Cornell, "Self-Portraiture in the First-Person Age", Aperture,
- Lauren Cornell, "Down the Line", Frieze,
- Lauren Cornell, "Primary Documents", Mousse
- Lauren Cornell, "Basim Magdy",
- Lauren Cornell, "Takeshi Murata"
- Lauren Cornell, "Ryan Trecartin"
- New Museum Digital Archive
- "Mass Effect". MIT Press. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Surround Audience: New Museum Triennial 2015 Written by Lauren Cornell and Ryan Trecartin - Rizzoli New York - Rizzoli New York". www.rizzoliusa.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "New Museum - Digital Archive". archive.newmuseum.org. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Cornell, Lauren; Gioni, Massimiliano; Hoptman, Laura (2009-06-30). Younger Than Jesus: The Reader. Steidl & Partners. ISBN 9783865218674.