||This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (September 2009) (|
Lauren Fix aka The Car Coach, Auto Expert & Media Personality
|Occupation||Car Expert, TV and Media Personality|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Fix II|
Fix began racing in New York in 1981 in the SCCA Solo II Series. She debuted with a third-place finish. By 1989, Lauren evolved into a road racer and started winning in her historic 1966 Trans Am Mustang. She competed in SVRA, HSR and the Canadian G.T. Challenge Cup sanctioned by FIA. Lauren operated the Driving Ambitions Performance Driving School at Watkins Glen International Raceway from 1986 to 2001.
Lauren Fix co-hosts Talk 2 DIY Automotive on DIY, providing demonstrations and tips for auto repair. Lauren has appeared in several magazines including Redbook, USA Today, and Woman's World. She hosted the television show local TV networks called Car Smarts and has been featured on several national television shows including: Oprah, Fox News, 20/20, The View, Live with Regis and Kelly and CNN. Lauren Fix was a regular guest expert on CNBC's On the Money, with Carmen Wong Ulrich.
She is the past automotive editor for "Your Life.com magazine", and the author of Lauren Fix's Guide to Loving Your Car: Everything You Need to Know to Take Charge of Your Car and Get On with Your Life, her 3rd book from St. Martin's Press.
She has been cast in the upcoming independent film Nicholas of Myra and "Coming Home" a Jacob Griswold Production.
Lauren Fix is a member of SEMA SBN Steering Committee and the Aftermarket (automotive) Industry Association. She is also a registered IMPA International Motor Press Association Journalist with credentials. She is the spokesperson for the non-profit Car Care Council AAIA and the Be Car Care Aware Program.
She was the National Automotive Correspondent for Time Warner Cable, YNN, now known as TWC News; her segments aired twice per week nationally. This ended in March 2014 In addition, the Weather Channel has named Lauren Fix their automotive expert for on-air tips and advice.
- 1999 “40 Under 40 Business Award Winner”.
- 2000 Car Care Council Communications Award - AAIA.
- 2002 Women of the Year - Business Advisory Board of NY.
- 2003 International Automotive Media Award - Public Service.
- 2004 Top 25 Women Who Mean Business Award.
- 2004 Northwood University Automotive Aftermarket Management Award.
- 2005 and 2006 Best PR Campaign – Business to Consumer.
- 2007 Stevie Awards - Best Marketing Campaign - "Flood Damaged Cars" from hurricane Katrina.
- 2008 Automotive Woman Of The Year AAIA.
- 2009 Inducted into the National Women and Transportation Hall of Fame.
- 2009 Automotive Communications Award AAIA.
- 2010 Women Of Distinction Award - Entrepreneur.
- 2011 Winner of the Automotive Communications Award in the following categories: Consumer Education and Public Relations Efforts AAIA.
- 2011 Winner of the Automotive Communications Award - TV Segment for The Car Coach TV Show. AAIA.
- Juror-Internet Car of the Year.
- Women’s World Car of the Year - Judge.
Fix is her real last name. Daughter is Shelby Fix, the Teen Car Coach, named after Carroll Shelby. Husband, Paul Fix, is a professional Trans-Am Series driver. Son is Paul Fix III, actor, seen on "As the World Turns".
- Driving Ambitions (1993) *Driving Ambitions.*
- Performance Tire and Wheel Handbook (1998) *Performance Tire and Wheel Handbook.*
- Lauren's Guide To Car Smarts (2008) * Lauren's Guide To Car Smarts (2008). *
- Yen, Hope. (February 27, 2003) Deseret Morning News Boomers battling the bulge. Section: Business.
- "Daybreak USA Archives".
- "Racerchicks - Laurenfix". Racherchicks.com. Racerchicks.com Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix". Family Car Parts. FamilyCar. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Fix Live / Car Smarts". Car Smarts. YouTube. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Fix, Lauren. "Car Coach / by Lauren Fix - Life & Arts - The Buffalo News". The Buffalo News. The Buffalo News. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "NewsMax TV "Pedal to the Metal" Car Coach Episodes Archives - Laurenfix". Laurenfix. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- "Lauren Fix's Guide to Loving Your Car: Everything You Need to Know to Take Charge of Your Car and Get On with Your Life: Lauren Fix: 9780312370794: Amazon.com: Books". amazon.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Nicholas of Myra Cast Members List". whosdatedwho.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix Named Car Care Council Women's Board "Aftermarket Woman of the Year" - Related Stories - AIAA SmartBrief". SmartBrief, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix - YNN - Your News Now". Your News Now (YNN) Austin. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix on The Weather Channel: Can Your Car Handle the Heat?". YouTube. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Buyer Beware! Are you Buying a Flood Damaged Vehicle? | AskPatty.com". AskPatty.com. AskPatty.com, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix Named "Aftermarket Woman of the Year" By Car Care Council Women's Board: aftermarket News". aftermarket News. Babcox Media, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "SAAC - Lauren Fix in Women's Hall of Fame". saac.com. saac. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "AutoNetTV Wins Automotive Communications Award - AutoNet TV". AutoNetTV.com. AutoNetTV.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "2012 Automotive Technology Innovation Award Judges". Aol Autos. AOL Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "2011 Women's World Car of the Year award winners are announced | Womens World Car of the Year". womensworldcoty.com. Women's World. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Lauren Fix - Biography". IMDb.com. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Paul Fix III - IMDb". IMDb.com. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Dorsey, Sarah (April 16, 2005) CNN Live Saturday Body of Sarah Lunde has Been Found; A look at Hybrid Automobiles with Lauren Fix - Part 2.
- PrimeZone (March 17, 2006) Spring Shape-Ups for Your Car! With Car Coach Lauren Fix; Podcast Available at http://www.moreaboutthat.info
- Morales, Natalie. (July 21, 2006) NBC Today Show Profile: Lauren Fix gives tips for women shopping for a new car. Time: 7:00-10:00 AM
- Lauren Fix on UB Alumni site