Gottlieb at one of her private photoshoots
|Born||Scottsdale, Arizona, USA|
Lauren Gottlieb is a dancer and actress from Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. She was a contestant on the third season of the reality dance competition So You Think You Can Dance and played the lead role in the 2013 Indian dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance. She was the runner up in the popular Indian television dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) with choreographer and partner Punit Pathak. She was also a Judge in the Indian television dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
Gottlieb assisted choreographer Tyce Diorio during the second season of So You Think You Can Dance in 2004. In 2005, Gottlieb participated in season three of So You Think You Can Dance (2005) as a contestant. She made it to the final six contestants but struck out in the end. Once the season was over, Gottlieb assisted Tyce Diorio, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo, and Mia Michaels during seasons four, five, and six. She also traveled on the season five audition tour as the choreographer for the "choreography round" of auditions. She returned as an "All-Star" dancer for seasons seven (2010), eight (2011), and nine (2012).
Between seasons on the show, Gottlieb performed with artists such as Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Shakira, Sean Kingston, Carrie Underwood, Willow Smith, and Enrique Iglesias. She even worked with Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and Tobey Maguire. She appeared as a dancer in the television show Glee (2009) and in the movies Disaster Movie (2008), Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009), and Bring It On: Fight to the Finish (2009).
Gottlieb appeared in India's version of Dancing With the Stars called Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 6, 2013) and was the runner-up with choreo-partner Punit Pathak. In 2014, she participated in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 7) with Salman Yusuff Khan as a "Challenge Setter".
Gottlieb's first shot at acting was on the television show Ghost Whisperer (2005). After Ghost Whisperer, she guest starred in Make It or Break It (2009), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011). Gottlieb played the lead female role in the Indian 3D dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance (2013), directed by Remo D'Souza. Prior to filming, Gottlieb moved to India in March 2012 and spent three months learning Hindi and Bollywood dance techniques. The film was shot in Mumbai where she played the role of dancer Rhea, a student of Vishnu (Prabhudheva). It featured Kay Kay Menon, and Ganesh Acharya as well as dancers Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Punit Pathak from the television show Dance India Dance.
|Disaster Movie||2008||Cheerleader Dancer|
|Hannah Montana: The Movie||2009||Dancer|
|Bring It On: Fight to the Finish||2009||All Star Jaguar Dancer|
|Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked||2011||Club Woman #2 / Cookie|
|ABCD: Any Body Can Dance||2013||Rhea||Lead female role|
|Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!||2015||Special appearance in the song "Calcutta Kiss", also choreographer for the song "Bach-ke Bakshy"|
|Welcome to Karachi||2015||ISI Agent Shazia|
|Welcome Back||2015||Special appearance in the song "20-20"|
|Ambarsariya||2016||Manpreet Kaur||Punjabi film|
|So You Think You Can Dance (Season 3)||2005||Herself/Contestant|
|Ghost Whisperer||2005||Diana's Friend|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (episode "Wild Life")||2010||Suzanne|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 6)||2013||Herself/Contestant|
|Bigg Boss 7||2013||Herself/Guest|
|Comedy Nights with Kapil||2014||Herself/Guest|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 7)||2014||Herself/Guest|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa RELOADED)||2015||Herself/Judge|
|Comedy Nights Live||2016||Herself/Guest|
- "'So You Think You Can Dance': A chat with Lauren Gottlieb - latimes.com". L.A. Times. July 26, 2007. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Adam B. Vary (Jul 20, 2007). "An Imperfect 10 Recap". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Drashti Dhami beats Lauren Gottlieb, wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6'". Sep 15, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa's not cake walk for me: Lauren". The Times Of India. Jul 8, 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Salman Yusuff Khan to bow out of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". The Times of India. July 29, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Are these two India's best dancers right now?". Hindustan Times. August 23, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Lauren Gottlieb to star in UTV's 'ABCD". Variety (magazine). March 6, 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Kareena, Priyanka not in league of Madhuri: Remo". Times Of India. Apr 5, 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "One step at a time, Lauren Gottlieb". MiD DAY. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Lauren Gottlieb to play a photographer in a Punjabi film". IBNLive. 13 June 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- "Lauren Gottlieb signs Punjabi film". Indian Express. 13 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Gottlieb.|