Lauren Gottlieb in 2011
8 June 1988 |
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Eye colour||Brown red|
Lauren Gottlieb (born June 8, 1988) is a contemporary dancer and actress from Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. She is most known for being a contestant on the third season of the reality dance competition So You Think You Can Dance and for playing the lead role in the 2013 Indian dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance. She was the highest scorer and the runner-up of the popular Indian television dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) with choreographer and partner Punit Pathak She is also a Dance Guru in the popular Indian television dance show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa (RELOADED).
While still too young to audition for the show, Gottlieb assisted choreographer Tyce Diorio during the second season of So You Think You Can Dance in 2004. In 2005, Gottlieb participated in season three of So You Think You Can Dance (2005) as a contestant. She made it to the final six contestants. Once the season was over, Lauren assisted Tyce Diorio, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo, and Mia Michaels during seasons four, five, and six. She also traveled on the season five audition tour as the choreographer for the "choreography round" of auditions. She was chosen to return as an "All-Star" dancer for seasons seven (2010), eight (2011), and nine (2012).
Between seasons on the show, Lauren performed with artists such as Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Shakira, Sean Kingston, Carrie Underwood, Willow Smith, and Enrique Iglesias. She gave private dance lessons to celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and Tobey Maguire. She appeared as a dancer in the television show Glee (2009) and in the movies Disaster Movie (2008), Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009), and Bring It On: Fight to the Finish (2009).
Lauren appeared in India's version of Dancing With the Stars called Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 6, 2013) and was the highest scorer and the runner-up with choreo-partner Punit Pathak . In 2014, she participated in the Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 7) with Salman Yusuff Khan as a "Challenge Setter". 
Lauren's first shot at acting was on the television show Ghost Whisperer (2005). After Ghost Whisperer, Lauren guest starred in Make It or Break It (2009), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011). Lauren played the lead female role in Indian 3D dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance (2013), directed by Remo D'Souza. Prior to filming, Lauren moved to India in March 2012 and spent three months learning Hindi and Bollywood dance techniques. The film was shot in Mumbai where she played the role of dancer Rhea, a student of Vishnu (Prabhudheva). It featured Kay Kay Menon, and Ganesh Acharya as well as dancers Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Punit Pathak from the television show "Dance India Dance".
|Disaster Movie||2008||Cheerleader Dancer|
|Hannah Montana: The Movie||2009||Dancer|
|Bring It On: Fight to the Finish||2009||All Star Jaguar Dancer|
|Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked||2011||Club Woman #2 / Cookie|
|ABCD: Any Body Can Dance||2013||Rhea|
|Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!||2015||Special appearance in the song "Calcutta Kiss", also choreographer for the song Bach-ke Bakshy|
|Welcome to Karachi||2015||ISI Agent Sazia|
|Ambarsariya||TBA||with Diljit Dosanjh|
|So You Think You Can Dance (Season 3)||2005||Herself|
|Ghost Whisperer||2005||Diana's Friend|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode Wild Life||2010||Suzanne|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 6)||2013||Contestant|
|Comedy Nights with Kapil||2014||special appearance|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 7)||2014||Herself|
|Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa RELOADED)||2015||Dance Guru (Judge)|
- "'So You Think You Can Dance': A chat with Lauren Gottlieb - latimes.com". L.A. Times. July 26, 2007. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Adam B. Vary (Jul 20, 2007). "An Imperfect 10 Recap". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Drashti Dhami beats Lauren Gottlieb, wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6'". Sep 15, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa's not cake walk for me: Lauren". The Times Of India. Jul 8, 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Salman Yusuff Khan to bow out of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". The Times of India. July 29, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Are these two India's best dancers right now?". Hindustan Times. August 23, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "Lauren Gottlieb to star in UTV's 'ABCD". Variety (magazine). March 6, 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Kareena, Priyanka not in league of Madhuri: Remo". Times Of India. Apr 5, 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "One step at a time, Lauren Gottlieb". MiD DAY. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Lauren Gottlieb signs Punjabi film".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chhota_Chetan Being credited as India's first 3D movie.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Gottlieb.|