Lauren Harris in 2009
|Born||6 July 1984|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, glam metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, vocalist, actress|
|Labels||Demolition DR2 Records|
|Associated acts||Iron Maiden, Hilary Duff, Dave Stewart, Kara DioGuardi, Alain Johannes, Judas Priest, Six Hour Sundown|
Lauren Harris (born 6 July 1984) is a British female vocalist. She is the daughter of Iron Maiden bassist and founder Steve Harris. She is a former pupil of Saint Nicholas School, Old Harlow, Essex. After recording some demo material for Russ Ballard, Harris toured extensively with Iron Maiden and released her debut album Calm Before the Storm in 2008. She has since moved to Los Angeles to pursue a new project, Kingdom of I.
From 2005 to 2008, Harris worked with Grammy nominated songwriter and producer Tom McWilliams who assisted with song arrangement and composition. McWilliams also toured with Harris, performing as the band's drummer.
Harris toured Europe, playing outdoor festivals such as the German Rock Am Ring, Rock Am Park and UK Download festivals, performing in front of 50,000 or more people a night.
Harris supported Iron Maiden on their A Matter of Life and Death world tour, playing at Dubai and the Brixton Academy, London, amongst other venues. Harris went down in history as the first woman ever to front a rock band at a major concert in India. On 25 October 2006, Harris performed in front of 20,000 people at the Budokan Arena in Japan — the same venue where she took her first steps, aged nine months.
When the tour concluded, Harris released her debut album entitled "Calm before the Storm", mixed by Kevin Shirley. She continued to tour the UK and Europe in support of the release. Harris joined Iron Maiden again, this time on the Somewhere Back In Time World tour. Flight 666, a documentary following the tour, was subsequently released. Due to the bands travelling in a custom Boeing 757 — named "Ed Force One" by fans — the tour reached South America, India, Japan, Argentina, USA, Chile, Cuba, Australia and Europe in a few weeks, instead of the usual months it would take to navigate the globe.
In 2008, Harris told Live Metal that her biggest musical influences were: "Stuff I kind of grew up listening to. When I was a kid, I listened to Belinda Carlisle. I really liked Shakespeare’s Sister. Alanis Morissette, as well. Heart is probably one of my favorite bands. I absolutely love them. I really like Def Leppard, as well. I love the Foo Fighters, as well. God, you can go on and on and on, can’t you? I really like the old classic rock stuff."
While recording with a newly formed band Six Hour Sundown, Harris practiced stage presence with Royal London Ballet tutors, attended acting workshops, and undertook vocal training with David Grant. During 2011 and 2012, Six Hour Sundown toured within Europe and the UK.
- Lauren Harris – vocals (2005–2010)
- Randy Gregg – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2010)
- Richie Faulkner – guitars, backing vocals (2005–2010)
- Tommy McWilliams – drums (2005–2008)
- Olly Smith – drums (2008–2010)
- Six Hour Sundown
- Lauren Harris – vocals (2010–2012)
- Olly Smith – drums (2010–2012)
- Tommy Gentry – guitars (2010–2012)
- James Bennet – guitars (2010–2012)
- Mitch Witham – bass (2010–2012)
- Kingdom of I
- Lauren Harris – vocals (2012–present)
- Calm Before the Storm (2008)
- "Bio of Lauren Harris". Archived from the original on 10 April 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- Willschick, Aaron (10 November 2008). "Interview with Lauren Harris". puregrainaudio.com. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Lauren Harris: A storm is brewing". http://www.live-metal.net. 1 August 2008. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "About Tommy McWilliams". Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Rock am Ring 2006". Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Iron Maiden confirm headline appearance on Dubai Desert Rock Festival". Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Iron Maiden, Lauren Harris, Parikrama - Carling Academy, Brixton, London".
- "STEVE HARRIS' Daughter On Touring With IRON MAIDEN". Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "STEVE HARRIS Daughter To Support IRON MAIDEN On First Leg Of Next Year's Tour". Retrieved 2015-04-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Harris.|