Lauren Nicole London
December 5, 1984
|Partner(s)||Lil Wayne (2007–2009)|
Nipsey Hussle (2013–2019; his death)
Lauren Nicole London (born December 5, 1984) is an American actress, model, and television personality. Beginning her career in music videos and later moving into film and television acting, London earned recognition and rose to fame for her performance as Erin "New New" Garnett in the 2006 coming-of-age film ATL. She appeared in the 2007 American Christmas film This Christmas, as well as the television shows 90210 and Entourage, and as Kiera Whitaker on the BET comedy-drama, The Game. London was a spokesmodel for Sean Combs's Sean John collection in 2007.
London was born in Los Angeles County, California, on December 5, 1984, to an African-American mother and an Ashkenazi Jewish father. After attending Palisades Charter High School, London was homeschooled.
2006 ATL breakthrough
London appeared in music videos for artists such as Tyrese, Ludacris, Pharrell ("Frontin'") and Snoop Dogg. Her breakout year came in 2006, where she made her television debut in the "Everybody Hates Funerals" episode of the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris. That same year, London landed her first film role as well, playing hip-hop artist T.I.'s romantic lead in the film ATL. For her work, London was nominated for "Best Supporting Actress" at the Black Movie Awards. In 2007, London landed a role on the HBO comedy series Entourage, playing the character Turtle's (Jerry Ferrara) love interest. Based on her performance in ATL, London was given her role in 2007's This Christmas without having to audition. London, along with pop/R&B singers Cassie and Asia Nitollano. She also became one of the spokesmodels for the Sean John woman's collection in 2007.
In 2008, London landed the role of the character Christina in the first season of the show 90210, originally thought to be a possible romantic interest of Tristan Wilds' character "Dixon Wilson". London's next film role was the character "Ivy" in the 2009 release Next Day Air. That same year, she played the character Cammy Alcott in the Chris Columbus film I Love You, Beth Cooper. London also appeared on the covers of magazines such as King and Jewel.
She appeared in Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family, which was released on April 22, 2011. She also made a cameo appearance in the premiere of VH1's Single Ladies. London joined the cast of the hit BET show The Game as a series regular from the sixth season until the series finale. She played a character named Kiera, "a former child star who starred in a Cosby Show-esque sitcom". London co-starred, alongside Paula Patton, Jill Scott, and Derek Luke, in Baggage Claim (2013), the film adaptation of playwright and director David E. Talbert's 2005 novel. In 2016, London co-starred in the film The Perfect Match as "Ginger". In 2018, London starred in the Lifetime Movies Always & 4Ever and Poinsettias for Christmas.
In 2019, London played the lead character, "Vanessa King", in the BET show Games People Play.
London dated Lil Wayne on and off. The couple's son, Kameron Carter, was born September 9, 2009. In May 2011, London said of her relationship with Wayne, "I met Wayne when I was 15 years old. I’ve known him a very long time, and we were in a relationship that didn’t make it. We tried more than once to revive it, and we were engaged briefly years ago, but we eventually parted ways. People see the 'Lil Wayne' personality and think they know who he really is. My son’s father is an intelligent, loving, and lovable person who will always be a dear friend. And that will never change. That is all." Lil Wayne's second verse on the song 'Young'n Blues", explains how he met the 15 years old, Californian, Lauren London: "young Cali sweet thang" and his relationship with her. Lil Wayne's "California Love" "now I've got an actress sticking' by my hip...shorty is reddish" is also about Lauren London, and how he proposed to her and then broke it off "and in dat box it's a ring...somebody call that thing and tell her shawty give me back my ring". In 1999–2003, Lil Wayne also had "Lauren" tattooed on his right arm, but wrote "Carter" over it, shortly before his marriage to his now ex-wife.
In 2013, London began dating Ermias Asghedom, better known as American rapper Nipsey Hussle, until his murder on March 31, 2019. Nipsey and London were thought to have taken the next step in their relationship but it was later revealed that their engagement photos were for a GQ photoshoot. The couple's son Kross Ermias Asghedom was born August 31, 2016.
|2006||ATL||Erin "New New" Garnett|
|2007||This Christmas||Melanie 'Mel' Whitfield|
|2009||I Love You, Beth Cooper||Cammy||Also performer|
|2009||Next Day Air||Ivy|
|2011||Madea's Big Happy Family||Renee|
|2013||Baggage Claim||Sheree Moore|
|2016||The Perfect Match||Ginger|
|2018||Always & 4Ever||Tammy|
|2018||Poinsettias for Christmas||Patty Mason|
|2021||Without Remorse||Pam Madden Clark|
|2022||Untitled Kenya Barris film||Filming|
|2006||Everybody Hates Chris||Monay||Episode: "Everybody Hates Funerals"|
|2007||Entourage||Kelly||Episodes: "The Resurrection" and "The Prince's Bride"|
|2008–2009||90210||Christina Worthy||3 episodes|
|2009||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Herself||Episode: "The Wedding"|
|2011||Single Ladies||Shelley||4 episodes|
|2011||Reed Between the Lines||Jentry||Episode: "Let's Talk About Computer Love"|
|2013–2015||The Game||Keira Whitaker||Series regular; 44 episodes|
|2017||Rebel||Kim||Episode: "Chasing Ghosts"|
|2017||The Talk||Herself / Guest Co-Hostess||Episode: "Guest Co-Hostesses Lauren London & Carnie Wilson/ Molly Shannon"|
|2018||Hip Hop Squares||Herself / Panelist||Episode: "Dave East vs Nipsey Hussle"|
|2019||Games People Play||Vanessa King||10 episodes|
Awards and nominations
|2006||Black Movie Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role||ATL||Nominated|
- "Lauren London". TVGuide.com. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "The Birth of Lauren London". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
Lauren Nicole London was born on December 5, 1984, in Los Angeles County, California. Her ... mother's maiden name is Conner.
- Scott, Damien (2009). "Lauren London". Complex. Archived from the original on May 2, 2009. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
I’m the little half-black, half-Jewish girl who was odd and awkward.
- "Lauren London Exclusive Interview: 'Under My Skin (Part 2)". Kathleen Cross. Archived from the original on October 12, 2013. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Bloom, Nate (June 21, 2011). "Interfaith Celebrities: The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick, Lauren London Loves Babs, and Eva Green Speaks Out". InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Lauren London (January 27, 2017). "I was just Frontin'" 17 years old..." Retrieved May 16, 2020 – via Instagram.
- "LAUREN LONDON news". Black Film.com. September 20, 2006. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "LAUREN LONDON & CASSIE FOR SEAN JOHN". ConcreteLoop.com. Archived from the original on April 18, 2009. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "YBF Exclusive: Lauren London Heads To "90210"". The Young, Black, and Fabulous. Archived from the original on February 15, 2009. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "See 'Next Day Air' Trailer With Donald Faison And Lauren London". BlackVoices.com. Retrieved March 28, 2009.
- "Lauren London Jewel Magazine Photo Shoot". BrownSista.com. Retrieved March 31, 2009.
- "Lauren London covers King mag". ConcreteLoop.com. Archived from the original on May 30, 2009. Retrieved March 31, 2009.
- "Kiera Whitaker – Laura London". BET. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Lauren London and Lil Wayne Welcome a Son". People. Archived from the original on September 22, 2009. Retrieved December 29, 2009.
In a statement to 'People', a rep for the 24-year-old ... actress confirms the birth, revealing that a “healthy baby boy” arrived on Wednesday, September 9th.
- "Lauren London Talks Personal Struggle With Fame & Brief Engagement To Lil Wayne". NecoleBitchie.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- N95 (October 22, 2013). "Lil Wayne – Young'n Blues". Archived from the original on November 14, 2021 – via YouTube.
- Brian Egbert (May 25, 2008). "Lil Wayne – California Love" – via YouTube.
- "Photo" (PNG). d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- "Photo" (PNG). i.imgur.com. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- Merrett, Robyn; Mizoguchi, Karen (April 2, 2019). "Nipsey Hussle's Longtime Love Lauren London Breaks Her Silence on His Death: 'I Am Completely Lost'". People. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Complete Detail on Lauren London, Late Nipsey Hussle's Partner!".
- "Nipsey Hussle and Lauren London Have Engagement Photo Shoot for GQ".
- "Nipsey Hussle Memorial Program" (PDF). Dropbox.
- "KROSS 8.31.16". Nipsey Hussle verified Instagram account. September 16, 2016. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Nipsey Hussle & Lauren London Welcome Baby Boy Kross". Rap-Up.com. September 16, 2016. Archived from the original on August 2, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Rapper Nipsey Hussle killed in shooting outside his L.A. store". NBC News.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren London.|