Lauren Phoenix at the XRCO Awards on June 3, 2005
Linda Vanina Peressini|
May 13, 1979
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Other names||Mistress Lauren Phoenix, Roxy, Loren Phoenix, Lauren Phoniex, Phoenix & Lauren|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg; 9.3 st)|
Phoenix attended a performing arts high school and has performed in musical theatre as a singer, dancer, and actress. She practiced ballet for ten years and did tap, jazz, lyrical, and modern dance. She also taught ballet for a year. She studied classical music and was a jazz and blues singer.
Phoenix began stripping when she was 20 years old. She stripped in places outside of Toronto, such as Windsor, Ontario, in order to avoid being recognized by anyone who knew her. She also danced at Stringfellows in London, England. After a brief stint stripping at Tally Ho in Las Vegas, she moved to California, where she stripped at the Blue Zebra before entering the adult film industry.
Phoenix entered the adult film industry in March 2003 after getting in touch with World Modeling. Her first scene was in More Dirty Debutantes 253 for Ed Powers Productions. In August 2005, she became exclusively contracted to Defiance Films and their sister company, Torrid Entertainment, for one year. She ended the contract early after only six months. On April 20, 2006, she co-hosted the 22nd Annual XRCO Awards alongside Stormy Daniels. She officially retired from performing in adult films on June 6, 2006.
Phoenix made her directorial debut with Shut Up & Fuck Me! for Doghouse Digital in December 2004. For the sequel, Shut Up & Fuck Me 2, she only directed two out of the film's five scenes. She was also hired by Mayhem/Sin City to direct a film titled Young Bung on February 9, 2005, but she walked off the set due to creative differences and was replaced with Ariana Jollee. Later that year, she had directing contracts with No Boundaries Entertainment, Defiance Films, and Torrid Entertainment. She also directed Pussy POV for VCA Pictures.
Mainstream media appearances
Phoenix's main goal when entering the adult film industry was to produce her own porn and build websites. In April 2005, she launched BigPimpinCash.com, a webmaster affiliate program. While in the industry, she owned the website Bang-A-Pornstar.com. She also had an official website of her own, LaurenPhoenix.com.
Awards and nominations
|2004||Nominated||Best New Starlet||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene – Video (with Mark Davis)||Grand Theft Anal 2|
|2005||Won||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene (with Lee Stone)||A.N.A.L. 3|
|Nominated||Best Tease Performance||I'm Your Slut 2|
|Nominated||Best Couples Sex Scene – Video (with Manuel Ferrara)|
|Nominated||Best Couples Sex Scene – Video (with Mick Blue)||Sodomania 41|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Missy Monroe, Ben English & Mr. Pete)||Double Teamed 2|
|Nominated||Best Threeway Sex Scene – Video (with Katrina Kraven & Tony T.)||Big Wet Asses 4|
|Nominated||Best Threeway Sex Scene – Video (with Cytherea & Randy Spears)||Buttwoman Iz Lauren Phoenix|
|2006||Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Supporting Actress – Video||The Edge Runner|
|Nominated||Best Tease Performance||Lauren Phoenix’s Fuck Me|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Kimberly Kane, Katrina Kraven, Kylie Ireland & Julie Night)||Epiphany|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene – Video (with Anthony Hardwood)||Flesh Fest 3|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Dave Hardman, Scott Lyons, Richard Raymond, Trevor Slide, Jeremy Steele & Trent Tesoro)||Clusterfuck 3|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Melissa Lauren, Erik Everhard & John Strong)||Semen Sippers 3|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Anal Showdown|
|2005||Won||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||3-Way (with Katrina Kraven & Tony T.)||Big Wet Asses 4|
- Mike Ramone (March 4, 2004). "Lauren Phoenix: One Raging Whore". AVN Insider. Archived from the original on March 26, 2004. Retrieved May 21, 2007.
- Lauren Phoenix at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Mark Kernes (September 2003). "Fresh Off The Bus: Lauren Phoenix". AVN. Archived from the original on September 19, 2003. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Lauren Phoenix Interview". hardcoregossip.com. October 8, 2003. Archived from the original on February 15, 2004. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Defiance Scores Lauren Phoenix With Exclusive Deal". AVN. August 1, 2005. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Thomas J Stanton (January 18, 2006). "Phoenix Now a Free Agent". AVN. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Rhett Pardon (April 21, 2006). "Porn Industry Shows Up for XRCO Awards". XBIZ. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Ron Martin (December 25, 2004). "Lauren Phoenix Makes Directorial Debut for Doghouse Digital". AVN. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Phoenix, Fontana and K-9 Contribute to Shut Up Sequel". AVN. October 17, 2005. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Mike Ramone (February 11, 2005). "Phoenix Walks Off Set of Mayhem Directorial Debut". AVN. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Mike Ramone (June 6, 2005). "Phoenix Agrees to Non-Exclusive Directing Deal With No Boundaries". AVN. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Chip Baker (June 16, 2005). "Lauren Phoenix's Directorial Debut Hits the Street from VCA". AVN. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Mark Morford (June 24, 2005). "Porn Stars In My Underwear / There's sexy advertising, and then there's hiring hot porn starlets to sell tube socks". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Ashley Hoffman (August 13, 2014). "From Upskirting to Sleeping With the Boss: A Timeline of American Apparel's Most Controversial Ads". Styleite. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Matt O'Conner (April 14, 2005). "Lauren Phoenix Launches Affiliate Program". XBIZ. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Peter Stokes (June 3, 2005). "Phoenix Takes Off: Superstar Opens Agency". AVN. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Nominations for 2004 AVN Awards Show" (PDF). AVN Awards. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2003. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. January 8, 2005. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "2005 AVN AWARDS NOMINATIONS". AVN Awards. Archived from the original on November 14, 2004. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "2006 AVN Award Nominees" (PDF). AVN Awards. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 6, 2006. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "Jules Jordan, Evil Angel, Elegant Angel, Wicked Pictures Capture XRCO Awards". AVN. August 19, 2004. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (June 5, 2005). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Dirty Bob (April 7, 2005). "XRCO Announces Nominations". AVN. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Phoenix.|