Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki
August 11, 1993
|Alma mater||Ryerson University|
|Partner(s)||Jeremy Lewis (2019 – present)|
WILD 'TIL 9
|Genre||DIY, Music, Beauty|
|Total views||387 million|
|Catchphrase(s)||"Hey, guys. What's up? It's Lauren."|
Updated: June 11, 2021
Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki (born August 11, 1993) is a Canadian YouTuber known for her channel LaurDIY. As of March 2021, her main YouTube channel has over 8 million subscribers and her vlog YouTube channel has over 300 thousand subscribers.
Riihimaki began posting DIY tutorial videos on her blog in her first year of university in Toronto. She first joined YouTube on December 1, 2011, originally to post her sewing videos on the platform. In 2015, she graduated from Ryerson University with a degree in graphic communications management. She won a Shorty Award in the "House & Home" category at the tenth annual ceremony. She also won a Streamy Award in the "Lifestyle" category at the Awards' debut ceremony in 2017. In the same year, her web series Served By LaurDIY premiered on Facebook Watch.
Riihimäki is of Finnish and Ukrainian descent through her father (from whom she inherited her Finnish last name), and of Japanese descent through her mother.
Riihimäki dated Sebastian "Baz" Morris from 2010 to 2015, with the pair remaining friends after they split. Morris died in late May 2020. She started dating fellow YouTuber Alexander "Alex" Burriss, also known as Alex Wassabi on YouTube, in 2015. They broke up in September 2018.
- Draw My Life (YouTube video). 24 April 2016. Event occurs at 0:15.
- Riihimaki, Lauren [@laurdiy] (11 August 2018). "25 🎈". Retrieved 28 December 2018 – via Instagram.
- Hamanaka, Kari (2018-08-08). "YouTuber LaurDIY Continues on Bid to Be the Millennial Martha Stewart". Women's Wear Daily. Archived from the original on 2018-09-25. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Belanger, Lydia (2018-09-19). "How LaurDIY Went From Dorm Room Blogger to YouTube Star With 8.4 Million Subscribers". Entrepreneur. Archived from the original on 2018-09-27. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Israelson, David (2014-10-30). "Student fashions herself into a YouTube star". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Lauren Riihimaki". Alumni in the News. Ryerson University. Archived from the original on 2019-01-19. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "LaurDIY". The Shorty Awards. Archived from the original on 2018-09-27. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Weiss, Geoff (2017-10-18). "Lauren Riihimaki Debuts 'Served By LaurDIY' Cooking Series On Facebook's Watch". Tubefilter News. Archived from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Spangler, Todd (2017-05-25). "YouTube Red's 'Escape the Night' With Joey Graceffa Season 2 Adds Tyler Oakley, Liza Koshy, Other Digital Stars to Cast". Variety. Retrieved 2021-07-05.
- Petski, Denise (2019-10-09). "HBO Max Orders Kids Competition Series 'Karma' & 'Craftopia' Hosted By Michelle Khare & Lauren Riihimaki". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 2020-11-11. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Riihimaki, Lauren (2013-06-05). 50 Facts About Me | LaurDIY. Event occurs at 4:54. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
My mom is Japanese, and my dad is Finnish and Ukrainian.
- Kim, Serena (5 February 2019). "LaurDIY is the Queen of YouTube". KoreAm. Archived from the original on 17 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "LaurDiy Dating Jeremy Lewis: Details on her new boyfriend". J-14. 8 October 2020. Archived from the original on 18 September 2020. Retrieved 20 August 2020.