|Born||Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki|
August 11, 1993
St. Catharines, Canada
|Partner(s)||Alex Wassabi (2015-2018) Jeremy Michael Lewis (unknown-present)|
|Genre||DIY, Vlogs, Music|
(March 16, 2019 )
(March 16, 2019 )
|Catchphrase(s)||"Hey guys, what's up, it's Lauren!"|
Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki (李暇き 小林 ローレン) (born August 11, 1993) is a Canadian Youtuber and crafter known for her YouTube channel LaurDIY. As of March 16, 2019 her YouTube channel has over 8.9 million subscribers. Her channel has been described as "one of the most well-regarded fashion and beauty [YouTube] channels in Canada."
Riihimaki began posting DIY tutorial videos on her blog in her first year of college in Toronto. She first joined YouTube in late 2011, originally to post her sewing videos on the platform. In 2015, she graduated from Ryerson University with a degree in graphic communications management. She won a Shorty Award in the "House & Home" category at the tenth annual ceremony. She also won a Streamy Award in the "Lifestyle" category at the Awards' debut ceremony in 2017. In the same year, her web series Served By LaurDIY premiered on Facebook Watch.
Riihimaki is of Finnish and Ukrainian descent through her father (from whom she inherited her Finnish last name), and through her mother she is of Japanese descent. She started dating fellow Youtuber Alex Wassabi in 2015. They broke up in September 2018. On March 6, 2019 she confirmed through a YouTube video that she was dating Jeremy Michael Lewis, but stated this would not be a public relationship. .
- Draw My Life (YouTube video). 24 April 2016. Event occurs at 0:15.
- Riihimaki, Lauren (2018-08-11). "25 🎈". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- Hamanaka, Kari (2018-08-08). "YouTuber LaurDIY Continues on Bid to Be the Millennial Martha Stewart". WWD. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Belanger, Lydia (2018-09-26). "How LaurDIY Went From Dorm Room Blogger to YouTube Star With 8.4 Million Subscribers". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "YouTube FanFest: How Google's video site created a whole new kind of famous". CBC News. 2015-05-02. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- Israelson, David (2014-10-30). "Student fashions herself into a YouTube star". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Lauren Riihimaki". Alumni in the News. Ryerson University. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "LaurDIY". The Shorty Awards. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Weiss, Geoff (2017-10-18). "Lauren Riihimaki Debuts 'Served By LaurDIY' Cooking Series On Facebook's Watch". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Riihimaki, Lauren (2013-06-05). 50 Facts About Me | LaurDIY. Event occurs at 4:54. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
My mom is Japanese, and my dad is Finnish and Ukrainian.
- Kim, Serena (5 February 2019). "LaurDIY is the Queen of YouTube". KoreAM. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- yes, I'm dating someone (YouTube video). 6 March 2019. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
|This biographical article about a YouTuber is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|