|Born||Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki|
August 11, 1993
|Genre||DIY, Vlogs, Music, Beauty|
|Subscribers||Over 8.9 million|
|Total views||Over 1.27 billion|
|Catchphrase(s)||"Hey, guys. What's up? It's Lauren."|
Updated: August 16th, 2020
Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki (born August 11, 1993) is a Canadian YouTuber and crafter known for her YouTube channel LaurDIY. As of October 2020 her main YouTube channel has just under 9 million subscribers.
Riihimaki began posting DIY tutorial videos on her blog in her first year of university in Toronto. She first joined YouTube on December 1st 2011, originally to post her sewing videos on the platform. In 2015, she graduated from Ryerson University with a degree in graphic communications management. She won a Shorty Award in the "House & Home" category at the tenth annual ceremony. She also won a Streamy Award in the "Lifestyle" category at the Awards' debut ceremony in 2017. In the same year, her web series Served By LaurDIY premiered on Facebook Watch.
Riihimaki is of Finnish and Ukrainian descent through her father (from whom she inherited her Finnish last name), and of Japanese descent through her mother. She dated Sebastian "Baz" Morris from 2010 to 2015, with the pair remaining friends after they split. Morris died in late May 2020.
In 2019, she began dating Jeremy Michael Lewis.
- Draw My Life (YouTube video). 24 April 2016. Event occurs at 0:15.
- Riihimaki, Lauren (2018-08-11). "25 🎈". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- Hamanaka, Kari (2018-08-08). "YouTuber LaurDIY Continues on Bid to Be the Millennial Martha Stewart". WWD. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Belanger, Lydia (2018-09-26). "How LaurDIY Went From Dorm Room Blogger to YouTube Star With 8.4 Million Subscribers". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Israelson, David (2014-10-30). "Student fashions herself into a YouTube star". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Lauren Riihimaki". Alumni in the News. Ryerson University. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "LaurDIY". The Shorty Awards. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Weiss, Geoff (2017-10-18). "Lauren Riihimaki Debuts 'Served By LaurDIY' Cooking Series On Facebook's Watch". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Petski, Denise (2019-10-09). "HBO Max Orders Kids Competition Series 'Karma' & 'Craftopia' Hosted By Michelle Khare & Lauren Riihimaki". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Riihimaki, Lauren (2013-06-05). 50 Facts About Me | LaurDIY. Event occurs at 4:54. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
My mom is Japanese, and my dad is Finnish and Ukrainion.
- Kim, Serena (5 February 2019). "LaurDIY is the Queen of YouTube". KoreAM. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "LaurDiy Dating Jeremy Lewis: Details on her new boyfriend".
|This biographical article about a YouTuber is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|