Lauren Williams (ice hockey)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Windsor, Ontario, Canada|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
Lauren Williams (born 1996) is a Canadian professional women's ice hockey player for the Worcester Blades of the Canadian Women's Hockey League. An alumna of the Wisconsin Badgers women's ice hockey program, Williams was the first pick overall in the 2018 CWHL Draft by the Blades.
Williams won a gold medal with Team Ontario Blue at the 2012 Canadian U18 National Championships.
University of Wisconsin
Williams joined the University of Wisconsin for the 2014–15 season. In her senior year, Williams was named an alternate captain.
Williams was selected by the Worcester Blades with the first pick overall in the 2018 CWHL Draft. As the first overall pick, the Blades pre-signed her for the 2018–19 season. She was named the Blades only participant of the 4th Canadian Women's Hockey League All-Star Game.
Awards and honours
- Academic All-Big Ten team (2017–18) 
- WCHA All-Academic Team (2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18)
- WCHA Scholar Athlete (2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18)
Williams majored in sociology and psychology at the University of Wisconsin. With teammate Annie Pankowski, the two volunteered with Occupaws, an organization that trains guide dogs for the visually impaired in Wisconsin and bordering states.
- David Alter, The Canadian Press (27 August 2018). "CWHL commissioner Jayna Hefford aims for improved visibility of women's hockey". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "LAUREN WILLIAMS". uwbadgers.com. Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- Michelle Jay (26 August 2018). "Who went where in the 2018 CWHL Draft". TheIceGarden.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- @TheCWHL (August 26, 2018). "The Worcester Blades announce they have pre-signed former University of Wisconsin-Madison defenseman Lauren Williams! Lauren was on the WCHA All-Academic team and was a WCHA Scholar athlete from 2015 – 2018" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Lauren Williams: Career Statistics". USCHO.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Wisconsin places 156 on Academic All-Big Ten team". Wisconsin Badgers Athletics. 31 May 2018. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Andy Baggot (11 May 2018). "Impact of volunteering at heart of giving back". Wisconsin Badgers Athletics. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
Courtney Turner (2017)
| First Overall Selection, CWHL Draft
To Be Determined (2019)