|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Born||6 September 1966|
|Political party||Democratic Movement (France)|
European Democratic Party
Laurence Farreng (born 6 September 1966 in Nîmes) is a French politician of the Democratic Movement (MoDem) who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since May 2019, having been elected on the Renew Europe list. She is also a Pau town Councillor and Community Councillor of the Pau Béarn Pyrénées Agglomeration.
Farreng started her career at Euro-RSCG group and then worked at independent agencies on strategies for consumer goods companies, particularly in the food industry, as well as with local public institutions and organisations.
Career in local politics
Farreng ran for the Pau municipal council in the 2014 municipal elections. Elected in Pau on François Bayrou's list as deputy mayor, she has chosen to use her 20 years of experience in communication for her city in 2015. She then became Director of Communication, Events and Protocol for the city of Pau.
Attentive to the development of local authorities' relations with Europe, which she sees as one of the indispensable pillars for the development of territories, Farreng founded the association "Bonjour l'Europe" which promotes and facilitates for young people the experience of studies, internships and work in cities and universities in other countries of the continent.
Member of the European Parliament
In parliament, Farreng is currently coordinator of her political group (Renew Europe) in the Committee on Culture, Education, Youth and Sport, of which she is a full member. She is also a substitute member of the Committee on Regional Development. Since 2021, she has been part of the Parliament's delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
As part of her committee work, Farreng is responsible for her political group for the negotiations for the Erasmus+ 2021-2027 programme. In 2020, in the framework of the European Green Deal, she was the rapporteur on effective measures to green the European education and culture programmes, Erasmus+, Creative Europe and the European Solidarity Corps.
In addition to her committee assignments, Farreng is a member of the European Parliament's delegation for relations with India and a substitute member of the delegation for relations with the Korean Peninsula. She is also a member of the MEPs Against Cancer group, the European Parliament Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital, the European Parliament Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development, the European Internet Forum and the Spinelli Group.
- "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- CAZENAVE, Fabien (27 May 2019). "Parlement européen. Qui sont les 79 eurodéputés élus en France ?". Ouest-France.fr (in French). Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Pau : Laurence Farreng raconte sa première année dans les arcanes de l'Union européenne". SudOuest.fr (in French). Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- "Européennes 2019 : la Modem paloise Laurence Farreng entre au Parlement". SudOuest.fr (in French). Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- "Our MEP's - Renew Europe". reneweuropegroup.eu. Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- "Laurence Farreng : " Mon ancrage local me permet de faire le lien avec l'institution européenne "". La-République-des-Pyrénées (in French). Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- Members of the delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe European Parliament.
- mertefa (19 November 2018). "Programmes managed by the EACEA". EACEA - European Commission. Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
- Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital European Parliament.
- Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development European Parliament.
- Members European Internet Forum.
- Board & Members Spinelli Group.
European Parliament : https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/197589/LAURENCE_FARRENG/home
European Democratic Party : https://www.democrats.eu/en/member/mouvement-democrate