|Occupation||Photographer, travel expert|
Laurence Norah (born 1980) is a British / Seychellois travel photographer and blogger. He is the author of the travel blog Finding the Universe, and his photography has appeared on a number of high-profile publications such as BBC, National Geographic, Fox News, and USA Today.
Laurence Norah was born in 1980 to a British mother and a Seychellois father. Norah's parents worked as hotel managers and he spent his childhood living in various locations in the UK and the Seychelles. In 2009, he left his job as a software engineer and sold off most of this belongings and traveled around Australia for year in a Land Cruiser. In 2010, he started his travel blog, Finding the Universe.
In 2014, he met his now wife Jessica Norah at a travel blogging conference in Italy. The two were married in August 2015 aboard the Queen Mary 2 on a transatlantic voyage, halfway between the United States (her home country) and the UK. Norah and his wife are currently based near Edinburgh, Scotland.
Norah's travel photography has appeared in a number of publications and websites including National Geographic, the BBC, Fox News, Brides, and the Huffington Post. He was also a founding member of Lightmoves Creative, an online photography hire organization.
Norah has won a number of awards for his photography, including Bronze in the SATW Bill Muster Photo Competition in 2019, being named a top 10 travel photographer in USA Today in 2014 and winning the Bloggy for best photography on a weblog in 2015. He specializes in travel and landscape photography, but has also shot travel conferences and festivals such as the South by Southwest music festival. Norah's photography has been recognized worldwide and he currently serves as an ambassador for Vanguard (an American tripod company).
In 2016, Norah created an online travel photography course to help others improve their photography skills. It was initially hosted as part of the Superstar Blogging platform with Matt Kepnes, but is now on its own site and platform, and currently has over 2,000 active members. 
Norah started his travel and photography blog, Finding the Universe, in 2010. Today, he co-runs both Finding the Universe and Independent Travel Cats (a couples travel blog founded by his wife in 2013) with his wife Jessica. He is well known for his large social media following, especially on Instagram and Facebook where the Finding the Universe Facebook fan page has over 1 million followers.
Laurence Norah also served as a board member of the Professional Travel Blogging Association (PTBA) for 4 years, serving as the non-profit organization's President from 2015 to 2016.
Norah is a regular speaker and presenter at travel events and conferences about travel blogging and travel photography, and has spoken at numerous conferences worldwide such as Travel Bloggers Exchange, TravelCon, Arabian Travel Market, Travel Blogger Destination Italy, and INFLOW Travel Summits,
Television and radio appearances
Laurence and his wife have also appeared on a number of online videos, TV, radio, and podcasts, including an episode of House Hunters International, online video commercials for Mediatek and Vanguard, radio show for 98.8 Castle FM, and an Amateur Traveler podcast.
- "Tourism body reveals its top pictures on social media". BBC News. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Photo of the Day". National Geographic. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Gifford, Erin (24 June 2016). "7 sweet rides for the ultimate summer road trip". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Top Travel Photography Bloggers Exposed in New Readers' Choice Poll". USA Today. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Interview: Seychellois travel photographer living in UK". Seychelles Travel. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Hasan, Saad; Taha, Mohamed (21 April 2017). "Travel bloggers: Nonstop holidays or a "bohemian" business?". TRT World. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Mezzolani, Ruth. "A true love story ... Made in Marche!". Destinazione Marche. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Tigar, Lindsay. "7 elopement stories that go beyond the courthouse". Brides.
- Donnelly, Ellie (7 October 2017). "A lot of work goes behind that one Instagram photo' – 'Finding the Universe' blogging couple share their top tips". Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Norah, Laurence. "This crazy groom photographed his own wedding – twice!". HuffPost.
- "Lightmoves Creative Gallery – Laurence Norah". Lightmoves Creative. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "SATW Bill Muster Photo Competition". SATW. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "Fifteenth Annual Weblog Awards – Best Photography of a Weblog". The Weblog Awards. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- SXSWorld March 2015 – Music flipbook magazine. South by Southwest. March 2015.
- "Get to know Vanguard Professional Laurence Norah". Vanguard World. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "How to Become a Travel Photographer". Travel Photography Course. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "Finding the Universe". Facebook. Retrieved 10 December 2017.[non-primary source needed]
- "PTBA Board Members". Professional Travel Bloggers Association. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "TBEX Speaker Laurence Norah". TBEX Events. TBEX. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "TravelCon 2018 Schedule". TravelCon. TBEX. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Inside ATM 2014". Arabian Travel Market. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Much-awaited tourism event: Travel Blogger Destination Italy". eturbonews. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Speakers". INFLOW Travel Summits. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "On the Road to Edinburgh, Scotland – Season 100, Episode 3". House Hunters International Episodes. HGTV. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Laurence Norah's smartphone story – Long edit". Retrieved 9 December 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Vanguard: Travel Blogger Laurence Norah with VEO 2". Vanguard USA. Retrieved 9 December 2017 – via Vimeo.
- Christensen, Chris. "Travel to the Dordogne Region of France â€" Episode 522". Amateur Traveler. Retrieved 9 December 2017.