|Occupation||Photographer, Travel blogger|
Laurence Norah was born in 1980 to a British mother and a Seychellois father. Norah's parents worked as hotel managers and he spent his childhood living in various locations in the UK and the Seychelles. In 2009, he left his job as a software engineer and sold off most of this belongings and traveled around Australia for year in a Land Cruiser. In 2010, he started his travel blog, Finding the Universe.
In 2014, he met his now wife Jessica Norah at a travel blogging conference in Italy. The two were married in August 2015 aboard the Queen Mary 2 on a transatlantic voyage, halfway between the United States (her home country) and the UK. Norah and his wife are currently based near Edinburgh, Scotland.
Norah has won awards for his photography, including Bronze in a category of the SATW Bill Muster Photo Competition in 2019, being named as the eighth Best Travel Photography Blogger in a 2014 USA Today online poll, and winning the Bloggy for best photography on a weblog in 2015. He specializes in travel and landscape photography, but has also shot travel conferences and festivals such as the South by Southwest music festival.
Norah started his travel and photography blog, Finding the Universe, in 2010. Today, he co-runs both Finding the Universe and Independent Travel Cats (a couples travel blog founded by his wife in 2013) with his wife Jessica. He has a large social media following, especially on Instagram and Facebook where the Finding the Universe Facebook fan page has over 1 million followers.
Laurence Norah also served as a board member of the Professional Travel Blogging Association (PTBA) for 4 years, serving as the non-profit organization's President from 2015 to 2016.
Laurence and his wife have also appeared in online videos, on TV, radio, and podcasts, including an episode of House Hunters International, online video commercials, and a radio show for 98.8 Castle FM.
- Hasan, Saad; Taha, Mohamed (21 April 2017). "Travel bloggers: Nonstop holidays or a "bohemian" business?". TRT World. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Mezzolani, Ruth. "A true love story ... Made in Marche!". Destinazione Marche. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Tigar, Lindsay. "7 elopement stories that go beyond the courthouse". Brides.
- Donnelly, Ellie (7 October 2017). "A lot of work goes behind that one Instagram photo' – 'Finding the Universe' blogging couple share their top tips". Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Tourism body reveals its top pictures on social media". BBC News. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Photo of the Day". National Geographic. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Gifford, Erin (24 June 2016). "7 sweet rides for the ultimate summer road trip". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Top Travel Photography Bloggers Exposed in New Readers' Choice Poll". USA Today. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "SATW Bill Muster Photo Competition". SATW. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "Fifteenth Annual Weblog Awards – Best Photography of a Weblog". The Weblog Awards. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- SXSWorld March 2015 – Music flipbook magazine. South by Southwest. March 2015.
- "PTBA Board Members". Professional Travel Bloggers Association. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "TBEX Speaker Laurence Norah". TBEX Events. TBEX. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "TravelCon 2018 Schedule". TravelCon. TBEX. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Inside ATM 2014". Arabian Travel Market. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Much-awaited tourism event: Travel Blogger Destination Italy". eturbonews. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "INFLOW Travel Summit'17 Istanbul & Antalya". INFLOW Network. Retrieved 1 June 2021.
- "On the Road to Edinburgh, Scotland – Season 100, Episode 3". House Hunters International Episodes. HGTV. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Vanguard: Travel Blogger Laurence Norah with VEO 2". Vanguard USA. Retrieved 9 December 2017 – via Vimeo.
- Christensen, Chris. "Travel to the Dordogne Region of France â€" Episode 522". Amateur Traveler. Retrieved 9 December 2017.