Laurent Cantet in 2007
15 June 1961 |
Melle, Deux-Sèvres, France
||Film director, screenwriter, cinematographer
Laurent Cantet ([lɔʁɑ̃ kɑ̃tɛ]; born 15 June 1961) is a French director. His parents were schoolteachers in Ardilleux.
His 2001 film L'Emploi du temps was placed at 99 on Slant Magazine's best films of the 2000s, number 9 of The Guardian's Best Films of the Noughties, and number 11 at The AV Club's top 50 films of the 00s.
On 25 May 2008, he received the Palme d'Or at the Festival de Cannes 2008, for the film Entre les murs.
- Un été à Beyrouth (Short film, 1990)
- Veillées d'armes (Assistant director, 1994)
- Tous à la manif (Short film, 1994)
- Jeux de plage (Short film, 1995)
- Les Sanguinaires (Film for television, 1998)
- Human Resources (Ressources humaines, 1999)
- Time Out (L'Emploi du temps, 2001)
- Heading South (Vers le sud, 2008)
- The Class (Entre les murs, 2008)
- Foxfire (2012)
- Return to Ithaca (Retour à Ithaque, 2014)
- 2008 : Nominated, Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film for The Class (Entre Les Murs).