Ciman with Belgium in 2011
|Full name||Laurent Franco Ciman|
|Date of birth||5 August 1985|
|Place of birth||Farciennes, Belgium|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Los Angeles FC|
|2009–2010||→ Kortrijk (loan)||34||(2)|
|2018–||Los Angeles FC||16||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 July 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 June 2017
Ciman began his career in the youth system of Charleroi and made his first team debut in 2004. His play with Charleroi attracted the interest of the top Belgian clubs. Ciman was transferred from Charleroi to Club Brugge in June 2008 and signed a three-year contract for the Belgian team, he was loaned to Kortrijk for the 2009–10 season. On 16 June 2010, he joined Standard Liège on a four-year contract. Upon joining Standard Ciman established him as a starter and helped the club capture the 2010–11 Belgian Cup. He made a total of 194 appearances for the club, scoring eight goals, before leaving the club in the winter of 2015.
Ciman signed a three-year deal with Major League Soccer club Montreal Impact on 22 January 2015. In his first season with the team, he was named MLS Defender of the Year. In July 2016, he was included in the roster for the 2016 MLS All-Star Game.
Ciman was a member of the Belgian squad which came fourth at the 2008 Olympics.
On 13 May 2014, Ciman was named in Belgium's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was unused in the tournament, in which Belgium reached the quarter-finals. In the next major tournament, UEFA Euro 2016 he was also part of the squad. This time, he played in the opening game of the competition, a 2–0 defeat to Italy.
- As of 15 October 2016
|Belgium national team|
- As of match played 5 June 2016. Belgium score listed first, score column indicates score after each Ciman goal.
|1||5 June 2016||King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels, Belgium||11||Norway||3–2||3–2||Friendly|
- Club Brugge
- Standard Liège
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 11 June 2014. p. 4. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Marcos au FC Bruges Ciman au Standard -lesoir.be (in French)
- "Impact signs centre back Laurent Ciman to multi-year deal". Montreal Impact. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Villa, Pirlo and Kaka headline MLS All-Star squad to face Arsenal". FourFourTwo. 17 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Adnan Januzaj included in Belgium's World Cup squad". BBC. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Andy Hunter (13 June 2016). "Emanuele Giaccherini and Graziano Pellè seal Italy win over Belgium". theguardian.com. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Vincent Kompany included in Belgium's World Cup squad despite injury".
- "Laurent Ciman". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman.
- Laurent Ciman at Soccerway
- "2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game Roster". Major League Soccer. 13 July 2015.
- "Doelpunt Sonck bezorgt Club zege op Brugse Metten". Het Laatste Nieuws (in Dutch). 19 July 2009.
- "Impact's CONCACAF Champions League trophy chances dashed after home defeat". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 31 August 2016.