Laurent Montaron is an interdisciplinary artist working across film, photography, installation, sound and objects. His work is suffused with the contemporary history of the media and question the tools that shape our representations ,. By revealing the sometimes irrational element of belief involved with emerging techniques; his works remind us that while technology has provided us with new means of perceiving and representing reality it has not necessarily brought us closer from the truth for it has also given rise to new ways for questioning paradoxes attendant on our awareness of modernity.
- ecce, BIASA ArtSpace Ubud, 2019
- Everything is Accidental, Mercer Union, Toronto, 2014
- Prospectif Cinema: Laurent Montaron, Centre Pompidou, Paris, 2013
- Laurent Montaron, Pigna Project Space, Rome, 2013
- Laurent Montaron, galerie schleicher+lange, Berlin 2012
- Pace, Kunsthaus Baselland, Basel, 2010
- You imagine what you desire, 19th Biennale of Sydney, 2014
- The Encyclopedic Palace, 55th Venice Biennale, 2013
- Open End- Goetz Collection, Haus der Kunst, Munich, 2012
- Lost in LA, Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery, Los Angeles, 2012
- "Laurent Montaron" (in French). Institut d'Art Contemporain Villeurbanne/Rhône-Alpes. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Exhibition: 'Everything is accidental' by Laurent Montaron". Consulate General of France in Toronto. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Laurent Montaron (Monograph). Les presses du réel. 2012. ISBN 9782840664475.
- Green, David (2006). "Cinema, art and dissimulative practice". Laurent Montaron. Isthme. ISBN 9782840664475.
- Gauthier, Michel (2010). "The time of the medium". 20/27 (4).
- Michaud, Philippe-Alain (February 2012). "Laurent Montaron: Real to Reel: an Analogue Obsession". Artpress (387).
- "BIASA ArtSpace Host 'ecce'; a video presentation by Laurent Montaron – Welcome to hellobali.id". Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "Laurent Montaron". Biennale of Sydney. Retrieved 14 September 2016.