Laurie Faria Stolarz
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015)|
Laurie Faria Stolarz is an American author of young adult fiction novels, best known for her Blue is for Nightmares series. Her works, which feature teenage protagonists, blend elements found in mystery and romance novels.
Stolarz grew up in Salem, Massachusetts, a city widely known for the Salem witch trials of 1692, the influence of which can be seen in the magical and witchcraft/Wiccan elements of her books. She attended Merrimack College and later Emerson College, both in Massachusetts.
Stolarz found sales success with her first novel, Blue is for Nightmares, and followed it up with three more titles in the series, White is for Magic, Silver is for Secrets, and Red is for Remembrance. The four novels in the "BIFN" series have sold over 500,000 copies collectively. Stolarz has also announced a graphic novel entry into the series titled Black is for Beginnings, which she published in summer 2009.
Stolarz published Bleed in September 2006 and a companion novel, Project 17, in December 2007. Bleed has a cult following, and Project 17 is set at the former Danvers State Hospital. The demolition happened in 2007 as well.
The Touch series is Stolarz's newest series. It is expected to have five books. The first book, Deadly Little Secret, was released late 2008, the second book Deadly Little Lies on November 10, 2009, and the third book, Deadly Little Games, in December 2010. The fourth book in the series, Deadly Little Voices, is expected to be released on December 6, 2011 and Deadly Little Lessons in December 2012. It takes place in Freetown, Massachusetts.
- Blue is for Nightmares, Llewellyn Publications, November 2003, ISBN 0-7387-0391-5
- White is for Magic, Llewellyn Publications, May 2004, ISBN 0-7387-0443-1
- Silver is for Secrets, Llewellyn Publications, January 2005, ISBN 0-7387-0631-0
- Red is for Remembrance, Llewellyn Publications, August 2005, ISBN 0-7387-0760-0
- Bleed, Hyperion, September 2006, ISBN 0-7868-3854-X
- Blue is for Nightmares: Special Edition, Llewellyn Publications, September 2007
- Black is for Beginnings, Flux, September 2009, ISBN 0-7387-1438-0
- Deadly Little Secret, Hyperion, December 2008, ISBN 1-4231-1144-3
- Deadly Little Lies, Hyperion, November 2009, ISBN 1-4231-1145-1
- Deadly Little Games, Hyperion, December 28, 2010
- Deadly Little Voices, Hyperion, December 6, 2011
- Deadly Little Lessons, Hyperion, December 18, 2012 ISBN 1-4231-3162-2
- Official Laurie Stolarz Website
- Laurie Stolarz MySpace page
- Laurie Stolarz LiveJournal blog