|Laurie Jane Hendren|
Kayaking at Chandos Lake, Summer 2014
December 13, 1958|
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Queen's University, Kingston |
programming languages |
Leo Yaffe Award for Excellence in Teaching (2005–2006) |
ACM Fellow (2009)
Canada Research Chair (2011) 
Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (2012)
|Doctoral advisor||Alex Nicolau|
She then joined the School of Computer Science at the McGill University as an assistant professor in 1990. While there she was promoted to associate professor in 1995 and full professor in 2001. She also served as Associate Dean (Academic) for the Faculty of Science at McGill University from 2005 to 2014. She was recently made the 5 of diamonds in the Notable Women of Computing card deck.
Awards and notable achievements
Hendren was awarded the Leo Yaffe Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Faculty of Science at McGill University for the academic year 2006–2007. She was made an ACM Fellow in 2009, awarded a Canada Research Chair  in 2011, and elected as a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 2012.
Hendren was the programming languages area editor the Association for Computing Machinery Books Series and has been the Program Chair of the Association for Computing Machinery SIGPLAN Programming Language Design and Implementation Conference.
- Soot (software): A framework for analyzing and transforming Java and Android Applications
- SableVM: An open implementation of a Java Virtual Machine
- abc: The AspectBench Compiler for AspectJ
- McLab: Compiler Tools for Array-based Languages
- HIG: Health Informatics research for Radiation Oncology
- Faculty of Science, McGill University. "The Leo Yaffe Award for Excellence in Teaching". McGill University. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- ACM Awards. "Laurie J. Hendren - Award Winner". ACM. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- NSERC Awards. "Canada Research Chair - Laurie Hendren". NSERC. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- McGill Reporter. "Royal Society of Canada honours 12 McGill researchers and scholars". McGill. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- Alex Nicolau. "Alex Nicolau's Home Page". University of California, Irvine. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- Laurie J. Hendren. "Laurie J. Hendren - CV". McGill University. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- Susan H. Rodger (2014-12-13). "CRA-W and Anita Borg Institute Wikipedia Project Writing Wikipedia Pages for Notable Women in Computing". Duke University. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- ACM Books. "Board Members - ACM Books". ACM. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- McGill University: Laurie Hendren, School of Computer Science
- Blog: Flat-chested warriors blog about breast cancer and the Goldilocks Mastectomy
- Papers and Citations: Google Scholar Profile for Laurie J. Hendren