|WNBA's Atlanta Dream – No. 12|
May 13, 1982 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg)|
|Washington Mystics (2005–2008)
Atlanta Dream (2012–present)
Koehn attended Moundridge High School in Moundridge, Kansas. Koehn graduated from Kansas State University in 2005. While at K-state, Koehn achieved the All-Big 12 Second Team (2005, 2004), CoSIDA Academic All-American (2004), Big 12 All-Academic First Team (2005), Kansas State, Big 12 and NCAA all-time leader in three-pointers made (392). She once hit 132 out of 135 three pointers in a 5 minute period.
Koehn was a member of the USA Women's U18 team which won the gold medal at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mar Del Plata, Argentina. The event was held in July 2000, when the USA team defeated Cuba to win the championship. Koehn started all five games and averaged 12.4 points per game, third highest behind Alana Beard and Diana Taurasi.
Koehn was named to the team representing the USA at the 2003 Pan American Games. The team lost the opening game to Cuba, then rebounded to win their next five games, including an overtime win against Brazil. They then faced Cuba for the gold medal, falling short 75–64 to take home the silver medal. Koehn averaged 8.9 points per game while hitting 17 of 30 three point attempts, to lead her team in made three pointers and percentage.
Koehn was signed as a free-agent with the Washington Mystics in 2005. On April 30, 2009 Koehn signed a training camp contract with the Phoenix Mercury. On June 3, 2009 Koehn was waived along with 2 others. Extending her professional career, Laurie played during the 2010-11 season for the "Utex Row", a women's basketball team in Poland. Unfortunately, the team ended the season ranked twelfth out of the 13 member league. Koehn, however, performed well playing in all 14 games, averaging 17.9 points per game and tallying up an average of 36.4 minutes of play per game. She is currently a member of the Atlanta Dream.
- Position: Guard
- Height: 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
- College: Kansas State University
- Team(s): Phoenix Mercury, Atlanta Dream (WNBA), Panküp TED Kayseri Kolejliler (Turkey) (2008/2009), UTEX ROW Rybnik (Poland) (2010/2011), Matizol Lider Pruszków (Poland) (2011/2012)
- "Mercury Signs Laurie Koehn". April 30, 2009. Retrieved 17 Feb 2014.
- 132/135 3 points shouts YouTube video
- "FOURTH WOMEN'S JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING TEAM -- 2000". USA Basketball. Retrieved 12 Oct 2013.
- "FOURTEENTH PAN AMERICAN GAMES -- 2003". USA Basketball. Retrieved 15 Oct 2013.