|Type||private limited company (Ltd)|
|Industry||Electronic design automation|
|Lothar Lauterbach, Stephan Lauterbach, Norbert Weiß, Dr. Thomas Ullmann|
|Products||JTAG debugger, Realtime trace, Emulators, ICE|
Lauterbach GmbH is a German electronic design automation firm specializing in in-circuit emulators and logic analyzers used for debugging embedded systems. The firm was founded in 1979 by Lothar Lauterbach. In 2009 the firm was renamed from Lauterbach Datentechnik GmbH to Lauterbach GmbH.
The company serves a niche-market of in-circuit emulators, especially on systems using JTAG, which it sells under the brand name TRACE32. It is[when?] the global market leader in the area of hardware assisted debug tools for embedded systems, with over 80000 development seats sold. They have delivered 65000 debug licenses for the popular ARM microprocessor alone,[when?] and they support all available ARM cores.
Lauterbach has local subsidiaries in United Kingdom, United States, Japan, France, Italy, China and Tunisia. The company is privately held by the founding family, with the two brothers Lothar and Stephan Lauterbach as its directors. Dr. Thomas Ullmann was appointed as additional managing director in March 2020.
- Segger Microcontroller Systems, highly overlapping product line
- "Lauterbach GmbH - company profile from dun & bradstreet". Retrieved June 5, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "arm Developer - Ecosystem Partners". Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- "Lauterbach company website - Worldwide Offices". Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- "commercial register - Lauterbach GmbH". Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- "Lauterbach and SiFive Bring TRACE32 Support for High-Performance RISC-V Cores". sifive.com. SiFive self-published press release. 24 October 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)