Lavaca High School
|Lavaca High School|
311 Holly Street
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Lavaca School District|
|NCES School ID||050873000587|
|Teaching staff||25.15 (on FTE basis)|
|• Grade 9||65|
|• Grade 10||81|
|• Grade 11||59|
|• Grade 12||71|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.97|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP)
|School color(s)|| Purple|
|Athletics||Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Athletics conference||3A Region 4 (2012–14)|
|Team name||Lavaca Golden Arrows|
|USNWR ranking||Bronze Medalist|
|Feeder schools||Lavaca Elementary School (5–8)|
Lavaca High School (LHS) is an accredited comprehensive public high school located in the city of Lavaca, Arkansas, United States. Located near Arkansas Highway 255, the school provides secondary education for students in grades 9 through 12 as one of six public high schools in Sebastian County, Arkansas and is the sole high school administered by the Lavaca School District.
Lavaca High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1995. The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The Lavaca High School mascot and athletic emblem is the Golden Arrow with purple and gold serving as the school colors.
The Lavaca Golden Arrows compete in interscholastic activities within the 3A Classification via the 3A Region 4 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Golden Arrows participate in football, volleyball, cross country (boys/girls), golf (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), cheer, baseball, softball, and track and field (boys/girls).
In 1986 and 2001, the Lavaca baseball team captured its classification's state championship. In 2008, Lavaca won the 3A state volleyball championship.
Clubs and traditions
Lavaca students participate in competitive debate and speech competitions. Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Quiz Bowl, and The Arrow yearbook."
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Lavaca High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "Institution Summary, Lavaca High School". AdvancED. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 23, 2012.
- "School Profile, Lavaca High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2012.