|Full name||Laval Comets|
|Stadium||Centre Sportif Bois-de-Boulogneat Laval, QC|
The Laval Comets (French: Comètes de Laval) was a Canadian women's soccer team established in 2006 in the city of Laval, Quebec, Canada, a northern suburb of Montreal. The team was a member of the W-League, the second tier of women’s soccer in the United States and Canada.
The team played its home games at the Centre Sportif Bois-de-Boulogne. The club's colours were light blue and dark blue.
The Laval Comets is founded in 2005 by Pierre Marchand ( a businessman of Laval), following the demise of Montreal Xtreme (2004) and Dynamites de Laval (1997-2001). Pierre Marchand joins to 3 partners ( Montreal Impact, Centre Sportif Bois-de-Boulogne, and the Fédération de soccer du Québec ) who will allow to assure the team for period minimum of three years. The club set up as a non-profit organization owned by the 3 partners: This to assure the survival of the team for some years. In October 2005, the contacts are established with the W-League and a new franchising is granted to the group for the city of Laval. In November, 2005, a competition is thrown to find a name to the new team. Already a craze for the new team is tangible because hundred of names are subjected. And so the management of the club opts for the name Comètes de Laval. In January 2006, the club confirms the first major sponsor joins the team (Grolsch beer). The presentation of team's colors shirts and the first players under contract takes place on March 8, 2006.
|2006||USL W-League||Northern Division||3rd||Did not qualify|
|2007||USL W-League||Northern Division||3rd ||First Round |
|2008||USL W-League||Northern Division||3rd ||Conference Semifinals|
|2009||USL W-League||Great Lakes Division||5th ||Did not qualify|
|2010||USL W-League||Great Lakes Division||3rd ||First Round |
|2011||USL W-League||Great Lakes Division||2nd||Conference Semifinals|
|2012||USL W-League||Central Division||3rd||Conference Semifinals|
|2013||USL W-League||Central Conference||1st||lost in Championship|
|2014||USL W-League||Central Conference||3rd||Conference Semifinals|
|2015||USL W-League||Northeastern Conference||1st||National Semifinals|
The Laval Comets have a wide range of talent, some from university, high school and others that currently play or have played for the Canadian National Team ( 7 Laval Comets players in the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship ). The season is short since most players play in Canadian and American universities, therefore it is designed to accommodate their schedules and ends the first week of August.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Coaching Staff 2014
Former head coach
Former assistant coach
- Owen Braun (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Laval Comets have a big rivalry with Quebec City Amiral SC. Several former players of Comets play for the Amiral SC. In matches between the two teams, it is not uncommon for supporters to travel Montreal-Quebec city or Quebec city-Montreal to go to encourage her teams.
At the gate, the Comets had always been solid with average crowds of 500 fans. After disappointing season in 2009  (where the average gate was between 800 and 900 people), the attendance to the matches falls to 266 persons by match in 2010.
- (French) L'Xtreme est mort et enterré, vive les Comètes de Laval! http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2005/12/20051213-092400.html
- (French)La courte histoire des comètes, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Equipe.html
- Photo: http://impactmontreal.com/photo_front_page/cometes1.jpg
- (French)Match nul à Toronto,http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2007/7/21_Match_nul_a_Toronto.html
- (French)Saison 2007 terminée, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2007/7/25_Saison_2007_terminee.html
- (French) Victoire contre Toronto, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2008/7/23_Victoire_contre_Toronto.html
- (French) Grosse commande pour les Comètes, http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/07/20090715-063500.html
- (French) Défaite pour terminer la saison, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2009/7/21_Defaite_pour_terminer_la_saison.html
- (French) Les Comètes qualifiées pour les séries, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2010/7/19_Les_Cometes_qualifiees_pour_les_series.html
- (French) Saison des Comètes terminée : Bilan positif, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2010/7/23_Saison_des_Cometes_terminee__Bilan_positif.html
- "W-League 2012". USL Soccer. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- (French) Sept (7) joueuses à la qualification de la Coupe du Monde U20 féminin, http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2010/1/20_Sept_(7)_joueuses_a_la_qualification_de_la_Coupe_du_Monde_U20_feminin.html
- "Team". W-League. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- Cindy Walsh to lead Comets http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/688866.html
- "Team". Laval Cometes. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- (French) http://www.quebecsoccer.com/article.php?id=1711
- (French) http://www.rds.ca/soccer/chroniques/299880.html
- (French) Guillaume Dumais, Amiral SC: des comètes filent à Québec, http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/sports/soccer/200905/19/01-857968-amiral-sc-des-cometes-filent-a-quebec.php
- (French) http://lejournaldequebec.canoe.ca/sports/encoreplus/archives/2011/04/20110403-170759.html
- (French) Les Comètes visent un premier championnat dans la W-League, http://www.courrierlaval.com/Sports/Soccer/2007-03-24/article-1129554/Les-Cometes-visent-un-premier-championnat-dans-la-W-League/1
- (French) Les Comètes écartées des séries éliminatoires, http://www.courrierlaval.com/Football/2009-07-16/article-1125486/Les-Cometes-ecartees-des-series-eliminatoires/1
- Taking Attendance, 8/2/2010, http://www.kenn.com/the_blog/?p=3455
- (French) http://www.lavalcometes.com/lavalcometes.com/Nouvelles/Entrees/2008/7/4_Les_Cometes_sincline_devant_le_Fury.html