|Population (2016 Census)|
|• Total||18,146 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Lavasan (Persian: لواسان, also Romanized as Lavāsān) is an affluent town in Shemiranat County, Tehran Province, Iran. At the 2011 census, its population was 28,558, in 7,645 families. The Jajrood River flows through Lavasan. Situated 11 kilometers northeast of Tehran, Lavasan is known for its excellent weather and the luxurious mansions. The city is home to many upper-class and wealthy families. Some Iranians call it the Beverly Hills or Switzerland of Tehran.
Lavasan has an area of 70 square kilometres.
The name of Lavasan is a Middle Persian (Pahlavi) word which means "The Mount Blade of Sunrise" or "Mountaintop of Sunrise". It refers to Mount Damavand that is located in the middle Alborz Range in the east of Lavasanat District.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Lavasan can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "217990" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- Encyclopaedia Iranica 2017.
- lavasani genealogical tree presented in Ayatollah Sadeghi in Qum.
- Encyclopaedia Iranica (2017). LAVĀSĀN.
|This Shemiranat County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|