Lavinia Spencer, Countess Spencer
Lavinia, Countess Spencer by Joshua Reynolds
|Died||1831 (aged 68–69)|
|Spouse(s)||George Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer|
|Children||John Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer
Sarah Lyttelton, Baroness Lyttelton
Hon. Richard Spencer
Sir Robert Cavendish Spencer
Lady Georgiana Charlotte Quin
Frederick Spencer, 4th Earl Spencer
|Parent(s)||Charles Bingham, 1st Earl of Lucan
Lavinia Spencer, Countess Spencer (née Bingham; 1762 – 1831), was a British illustrator.
Born Lady Lavinia Bingham in 1762, she was the daughter of Charles Bingham, 1st Earl of Lucan, and the painter Margaret Bingham. She became a countess when she married George Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer on 6 March 1781. The couple had nine children:
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782–1845)
- Lady Sarah Spencer (1787–1870), married William Lyttelton, 3rd Baron Lyttelton, and had issue.
- Hon. Richard Spencer (1789–1791), died in infancy.
- Captain Hon. Sir Robert Cavendish Spencer (1791–1830), died unmarried in Malta.
- Hon. William Spencer (b. & d. 1792), died in infancy.
- Lady Harriet Spencer (b. & d. 1793), died in infancy.
- Lady Georgiana Charlotte Spencer (1794–1823), married Lord George Quin, son of Thomas Taylour, 1st Marquess of Headfort, and had issue.
- Vice-Admiral Frederick Spencer, 4th Earl Spencer (1798–1857)
- The Very Reverend Hon. George Spencer (later known as Father Ignatius Spencer (1799–1864), died unmarried.
- Women painters of the world, from the time of Caterina Vigri, 1413-1463, to Rosa Bonheur and the present day, by Walter Shaw Sparrow, The Art and Life Library, Hodder & Stoughton, 27 Paternoster Row, London, 1905
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lavinia Bingham, Countess Spencer.|
|This biographical article about a painter from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|