Law enforcement in Honduras
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Law enforcement in Honduras is split among three law enforcement organisations.
- Transit Police (Honduras) (Policia de Transito), a police force in charge of automobile transportation. They take care of car crashes, parking violations and other infringements.
- DGIC (Dirección General de Investigaciones Criminalisticas), the agency that takes care of forensics and drug enforcement.
- Cobras (Honduras), armed conflict people.
Past law enforcement bodies
Civil Guard, now abolished
- Civil Guard in Honduras is a militarized police commanded directly by president Ramon Villeda Morales, rather than the chief of the armed forces created in 1957.
Historical secret police organizations
- Departamento Nacional de Investigaciones (DNI) (National Investigation Department)
- World Police Encyclopedia, ed. by Dilip K. Das & Michael Palmiotto. by Taylor & Francis. 2004,
- World Encyclopedia of Police Forces and Correctional Systems, 2nd. edition, Gale., 2006
- Sullivan, Larry E. et al. Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2005.