Dutch Caribbean Police Force
|Dutch Caribbean Police Force|
|Formed||10 October 2010|
|Annual budget||€17.6 million (2016)|
|Map of Dutch Caribbean Police Force's jurisdiction.|
|Size||328 km2 (127 sq mi)|
|Headquarters||Kaya Libertador Simon Bolivar #4|
The force operates under the authority of the Ministry of Security and Justice. While maintaining public order and carrying out relief work, under the authority of the Island Governor of the relevant public body. During the investigation of criminal offenses the police force operates under the authority of the joint Attorney General of Curaçao, Sint Maarten and the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Korpschef: Jose Rosales
- Director General of Police at the Ministry of Security and Justice: A. (Sandor) F. Gaastra
- Force manager: Ard van der Steur
- Chief Prosecutor: Henry Hambeukers
The Director General of Police at the Ministry of Security and Justice has a mandate to fulfill certain administrative tasks such as appointment, promotion, suspension and dismissal of police officers.
Most of the employees works on Bonaire. These are distributed between headquarters in Kralendijk and the stations in Ambonia and in Rincon. On St. Eustatius there is one police station in Oranjestad and on Saba there is one police station in The Bottom and one in Windwardside. The force is organized into four divisions:
- Basic Police Care;
- Intake, Information and Operational Support;
- Operations and Staff, headed by the office of the Commissioner (Dutch: Korpschef).
List of former Commissioners
|Portrait||Name||Took office||Left office|
- "On 10-10-2015 the Police Force Dutch Caribbean celebrates its fifth anniversary". rijksdienstcn.com. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Overview government expenditure Caribbean Netherlands". rijksbegroting.minfin.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "New Chief of Police: "Look forward to what you can do; not back to what you can't change"". BES Reporter. 14 January 2017.
- "Victim Compensation Fund expanded to public entities". The Daily Herald. 13 January 2017.
- "Organisation chart Ministry of Security and Justice (November 2015)". government.nl. 30 October 2015.
- "Farewell party for Chief Prosecutor". Saba-News.com. 19 May 2014.
- "Dutch Caribbean Police Force organization". politiecn.com. Retrieved 13 November 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Police brass meet in Saba to discuss future changes" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 29 June 2010. p. 13.
- "Buitink takes over as new police chief" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 9 July 2013. p. 15.
- "Female police chief for Caribbean Netherlands" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 3 May 2013. p. 5.
- "Rosales to act as police chief" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 26 February 2016. p. 3.
- "Jose Rosales to become KPCN Chief of Police" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 14 December 2016. p. 13.
- "Minister will visit Bonaire" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 10 January 2017. p. 5.