Law of juridical transition and foundation of the Republic
|Law of juridical transition|
|Parliament of Catalonia|
|Citation||«Catalonia is constituted as a democratic and social Republic of Law»|
|Considered by||Parliament of Catalonia|
|Passed||8 September 2017|
|Repealed||12 September 2017 (Quashed)|
|Law on the Referendum on Self-determination of Catalonia|
Law of juridical transition and foundation of the Republic (Catalan: Llei de transitorietat jurídica i fundacional de la República) is the name of a Catalan law whose objective was to guarantee a new legal framework, as well as the orderly succession of the administrations and the continuity of public services, during the transition process of Catalonia to an independent state based on the suspended referendum held the 1st of October 2017. It was drafted to function as a provisional constitution in case 'yes' won the referendum and approved.
The law was passed by the Parliament of Catalonia on September 8, 2017 with 71 votes in favor (out of 135) from the ruling coalition JxSí and CUP-CC represented by 72 seats and 47.8% of the social vote support and out-ruling the previous consensus of the Estatut framework and Spanish Constitution; the left-wing opposition party CSQP voted against it and the other opposition parties left the chamber before the votes were cast which represented an opposition of 63 seats even a 48.05% of the social vote.
- Law on a Self-determination Referendum on the Independence of Catalonia
- 2017 Catalan independence referendum
- Catalan independence
- Catalan Republic
- "Catalan Law of Transitional Jurisprudence, to be presented today at noon". Catalan News Agency. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Law of transitional jurisprudence to be passed before October 1 vote". Catalan News Agency. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Q&A on the Catalan transitional law". Catalan News Agency. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "What you need to know on the Catalan transitional law". Catalan News Agency. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Lasalas, Marta (28 August 2017). "Key points of the 'Law of Transitional Jurisprudence'". El Nacional. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- A.-Etxearte, Odei (29 August 2017). "Transition law before 1-O". Catalonia Today. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Catalan Parliament passes transition law". Catalan News Agency. 8 September 2017. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "El TC suspèn la llei de transitorietat jurídica". CCMA (in Catalan). Barcelona. 12 September 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Llei de transitorietat jurídica i fundacional de la República (in Catalan)
- Law on Juridical Transition (in English)