Lawaan II, Talisay, Cebu
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||1st district of Cebu|
|• Type||Sangguniang Barangay|
|• Brgy Captain|
|• Representative||Gerald Anthony Gullas|
|• Total||72 ha (178 acres)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||8,400/km2 (22,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+08:00)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
Lawaan II is a barangay of Talisay, Cebu. Lawaan II is bounded by Lawaan III on the north, San Isidro on the east, Mohon on the south, and Lawaan I on the west. It has a land area of 72 hectares (180 acres) with 14 sitios.
This barangay was founded in 1969 with its name was taken from the tall endemic lauan trees that were plentiful. Both red and white species were in abundance.
Part of Lawaan was a place called Bacayan, which was near the Mananga River. In fact, the Mananga Bridge in Tabunoc used to be called "Taytayan sa Bacayan".
- Lawa-an II Day Care Center
- Montejo Day Care Center
- UniRock Corporation
- JLR Construction and Aggregates
- Nolan Cargo Hauling and Forwarding
- Queensland Hotel
- Card Inc.
- New Talisay City Hall
- Bureau of Internal Revenue - Regional District Office #83
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VII (Central Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Project of Precincts for the 2013 Barangay Elections