Lawlers Gold Mine
|Year of acquisition||2001|
It is operated by Barrick Gold and, since the beginning of 2008, part of its Yilgarn South operation, which consists of Lawlers, the Darlot-Centenary Gold Mine and the Granny Smith Gold Mine. The mine is located in the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt.
Gold was first discovered in the region in 1892 and the town side of Lawlers, named after Patrick Lawler who found the first gold in a nearby creek, was established. Of the original town of Lawlers, only the old police station is still standing.
The site, was originally owned by Plutonic Resources, a major Australian gold mining and exploration company. Homestake Mining Company purchased Plutonic in April 1998 for more than $1.0 billion, and, in turn, Homestake was acquiered by Barrick Gold at the end of 2001.
|Grade||Cost per ounce
|2000 ||101,200 ounces||4.94 g/t||215|
|2001 ||104,000 ounces||4.45 g/t||407|
|2002 ||113,291 ounces||179|
|2003 ||99,223 ounces||249|
|2004 ||110,374 ounces||246|
|2005 ||131,000 ounces||0.154 oz/t||324|
|2006 ||110,000 ounces||0.129 oz/t||494|
|2007 ||115,000 ounces||0.138 oz/t||515|
Production figures for the Yilgarn South operation, consisting of Darlot, Granny Smith and Lawlers. Yilgarn south belongs to Gold Fields now.
|Cost per ounce
|2007 ||410,000 ounces||0.117||486|
|2008 ||325,000 ounces||0.125||749|
- The Australian Mines Handbook: 2003-2004 Edition, Louthean Media Pty Ltd, Editor: Ross Louthean
- Western Australian Mineral and Petroleum Statistics Digest 2008 Page 34: Principal Mineral and Petroleum Producers - Gold
- Combined figure for the Yilgarn South operation
- Australia Pacific Barrick website, accessed: 1 January 2010
- GHOST TOWNS OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA gold-net.com.au, by Jim Foster, accessed: 3 January 2010
- PLUTONIC RESOURCES LIMITED (PLU) delisted.com.au, accessed: 1 January 2010
- Atlantic Gold NL website accessed: 1 January 2009
- Homestake Mining Company - History accessed: 1 January 2009
- MINEDEX website Archived 2008-09-11 at the Wayback Machine. Darlot search result, accessed: 1 January 2010
- Barrick Gold Corporation's Lawlers Gold Mine Certified Under International Cyanide Management Code published: 9 June 2009, accessed: 3 January 2010
- The Australian Mines Handbook: 2003-2004 Edition, page 10 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "handbook" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- 2003 Fourth Quarter Report accessed: 1 January 2010
- 2004 Fourth Quarter Report accessed: 1 January 2010
- Fourth Quarter & Year-End Mine Statistics 2006 accessed: 1 January 2010
- Fourth Quarter & Year-End Mine Statistics 2007 Archived 2010-09-22 at the Wayback Machine. accessed: 1 January 2010
- Fourth Quarter & Year-End Mine Statistics 2008 accessed: 1 January 2010