Lawlor Events Center is an 11,536-seat multi-purpose arena in Reno, Nevada, located at the intersection of North Virginia Street and 15th Street on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
It was built in 1983 and is home to the Nevada Wolf Pack basketball team.
As the largest venue in Northern Nevada, the Lawlor Events Center also hosts concerts, conferences, rodeos, WWE, PBR events, and other entertainment events.
It is also the host for Washoe County School District high school graduations.
Lawlor Events Center was featured in Eddie Money's music video for Take Me Home Tonight in 1986.
Lawlor Events Center hosted the 1986 Big Sky Conference, 1996-2000 Big West Conference, and 2005-2006 and 2009-2010 Western Athletic Conference men's basketball tournaments.
On August 1, 2003, rock band Fleetwood Mac performed at Lawlor, as part of their Say You Will Tour.
- ^ a b "History and Hall of Fame". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- ^ Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- ^ Murray, Chris (February 7, 2014). "After Moving Into the "Palace" of Lawlor Events Center, Wolf Pack Has Created Countless Memories". Reno Gazette-Journal. Retrieved March 21, 2015.
- ^ Ghodsi, Fereidoon (1985). "A Gas-Metal Arc Welded Ring Meets the Specs". Welding Design & Fabrication (Industrial Publication) 58 (7–12): 153.
- ^ "Lawlor Events Center / Multi-Purpose Pavilion". The Law Company, Inc. Retrieved March 21, 2015.