From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||"man from Laurentum"
Lawrence is a masculine given name. It is an Anglicisation of the French Laurence, which is in turn derived from the Latin Laurentius. Pet forms of Lawrence include Larry and Lawrie.
- Sir Lawrence Wackett (1896–1982), the father of the Australian aircraft industry.
- Lawrence Oates (1880–1912), member of the ill-fated Scott expedition to the South Pole.
- Lawrence Chimezie Akandu (born 1974), a Nigerian-born Hong Kong football player
- Lawrence Peckham (born 1944), Australian high jumper
- Lawrence Joe Bird (born 1956), American basketball player
- Lawrence Sampleton (born 1959), former American football player
- Lawrence Taylor (born 1959), nicknamed LT, former Hall of Fame American football player who played for the New York Giants
- Lawrence Thomas (born 1992), Australian footballer
- Lawrence Virgil (born 1990), American football player
- Edward Lawrence Levy (1851–1932), English world champion weightlifter
- Lawrence Dallaglio (born 1972), former English rugby union player
Television, film and stage
- Lawrence, mononymous singer with Felt, Denim and Go Kart Mozart
- Lawrence Welk, band leader, accordion player, and television host
- Lawrence Bossidy, former chairman of Honeywell, former CEO and chairman of AlliedSignal, current chairman of Merck & Co.
- Lawrence Hunt, internet entrepreneur and CEO of Silverjet
- Lawrence E. Page (born 1973), co-founder of Google Inc.
- Lawrence Hargrave (1850-1915), Australian inventor, explorer, astronomer, engineer and aeronautical pioneer