Lawrence Aubrey Wallace
Sir Lawrence Aubrey Wallace KBE CMG (2 February 1857 - 26 January 1942) was a British colonial administrator. He was administrator of North-Eastern Rhodesia from April 1907 to January 1909, administrator of Barotziland-North-Western Rhodesia from January 1909 to August 1911, and administrator of Northern Rhodesia from August 1911 until March 1921.
- 'The Beginnings of Native Administration in Northern Rhodesia', Journal of the African Society, 16 (1922), pp. 165–176
- 'Rhodesia', in The dominions and dependencies of the Empire. Vol. I of Hugh Gunn, ed., The British Empire: A survey, Collins, 1924
- 'Northern Rhodesia and the last phase of the war in Africa'. In vol. 4 (1926) of Charles Prestwood Lucas, ed., The Empire at War, Oxford University Press, 1921-26.
- Who's who of Southern Africa, 1927; Who Was Who, online ed., 2007
- Lewis H. Gann, The birth of a plural society: the development of Northern Rhodesia under the British South Africa Company, 1894-1914, Manchester University Press ND, 1961, p. 211
|This article about a person involved in governance in the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|