||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In the 1980s he started making computer prints, and was possibly the first established Australian painter to use this medium.
Daws grew up on the Fleurieu Peninsula in South A
Recent Shows and Work
Adelaide Festival, Feb-March 2008 - Major retrospective Drawings, Prints, 1947–2007
- Sorensen, Rosemary (16 February 2010). "Lawrence Daws: dreamscapes of an epic journey". The Australian. Sydney: News Ltd.
their Owl Creek house in the nearby Glasshouse Mountains, where many of Daws's best-known works were created
- McDonald, John. "Lawrence Daws". STUDIO: Australian Painters on the Nature of Creativity. Photography by R. Ian Lloyd. Singapore: R. Ian Lloyd Productions. ISBN 978-981-05-7466-6.
- "Artist Biography - Lawrence Daws". Adelaide: Greenhill Galleries. 2005.
- Weston, Neville (1982). Lawrence Daws. New Zealand: A.H. and A.W. Reed. ISBN 0-589-50355-3.
- Daws's home page
- Artworks Feature: Lawrence Daws (Transcript of one-hour interview), Artworks, ABC Radio National, Sunday 18 May 2008. "One of the grand masters of the Australian art scene" - Julie Copeland.
- Grafico Topico review of Lawrence Daws 1999 exhibition
|This article about an artist from Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|