|No. 93 – New England Patriots|
|Date of birth:||March 17, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Las Vegas (NV) Western|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 233|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2017|
Lawrence Thomas Guy (born March 17, 1990) is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). Prior to being drafted by the Green Bay Packers, Guy played college football at Arizona State University. He has also played with the Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers.
Guy attended Western High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he recorded 238 tackles (171 solo), 30.5 sacks and three fumble recoveries in his three seasons. As a senior in 2007, he totaled 102 tackles (69 solo), 15.5 quarterback sacks and one fumble recovery.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Guy was listed as the No. 13 defensive tackle prospect in the nation. He committed to the Sun Devils on December 19, 2007, choosing ASU over Arizona, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Tennessee.
As a true freshman, Guy played in all 12 games of the season, starting the final eight. He totaled 44 tackles (17 solo), 10.0 tackles for loss (for –22 yards), two sacks (for –9 yards) and one fumble recovery that he returned for a touchdown. Guy's 44 tackles were the second-highest among Pac-10 defensive tackles on the season.
Guy subsequently earned consensus All-Freshman honors, as he was named to FWAA′s Freshman All-America team, The Sporting News′ All-Freshman team, and College Football News′ All-Freshman first team.
Green Bay Packers
Guy was drafted in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers. He spent the season on injured reserve. Guy was one of the final cuts of the 2012 season, but he was re-signed to the practice squad on September 3, 2012.
On October 17, 2012, the Colts signed Guy from the Packers' practice squad. In 9 games with the Colts, he recorded 21 tackles (15 solo) and 1 sack.
San Diego Chargers
On October 8, 2013, Guy was claimed off waivers by the San Diego Chargers.
On September 24, 2014, Guy was claimed off waivers by the Baltimore Ravens after spending the first 3 weeks of the regular seasons with the Chargers.
New England Patriots
- Carpenter, Les (2015-08-11). "'I don’t believe in can’t': Lawrence Guy's tough journey to the NFL". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- Rivals.com defensive tackles 2008
- "AON Insurance/FWAA Freshman All-America Team". FWAA. January 8, 2009.
- "Sporting News' college football All-Freshman Team". Sporting News. December 12, 2008.
- Cirminiello, Richard (December 11, 2008). "2008 CFN All-Freshman Defensive Team". College Football News.
- Spofford, Mike (April 30, 2011). "Seventh-Round Picks Have Their Upsides". Green Bay Packers. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- Reiss, Mike (March 11, 2017). "Patriots add size, length to D-line with former Raven Lawrence Guy". ESPN.com.
- "Patriots sign free agent DL Lawrence Guy". Patriots.com. March 13, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lawrence Guy.|