Lasker was born in Los Angeles County, California. He is the son of actress Jane Greer and producer Edward Lasker. His paternal grandfather was businessman Albert Lasker and his paternal step-grandmother was actress Doris Kenyon. He graduated from the Phillips Exeter Academy in 1967 and attended Yale University, as did his father.
Lasker was credited for work in at least the following movies:
- WarGames (1983, writer, nominated for Academy Award)
- Project X (1987, writer and producer)
- True Believer (1989, producer)
- Awakenings (1990, producer)
- Sneakers (1992, writer and producer)