Lawrence Municipal Airport (Massachusetts)
Lawrence Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Lawrence|
|Location||North Andover, Massachusetts|
|Elevation AMSL||148 ft / 45 m|
Northeast DC-3s stopped at Lawrence from 1946 to 1965; in 1952-60 it rated nonstops to New York La Guardia.
The airport is home to the Essex County Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol.
The airport covers 420 acres (170 ha) and has two paved runways: 5/23 is 4,997 x 150 ft (1,524 x 46 m) and 14/32 is 3,901 x 100 ft (1,189 x 30 m). Fuel is offered by four fixed-based operators.
In the year ending September 1, 2006 the airport had 83,200 aircraft operations, average 227 per day: 85% general aviation, 13% air taxi, 1% military. 234 aircraft are based at the airport: 86% single engine, 11% multi-engine, 2% helicopters and <1% jet.
- Angel Flight New England is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation that provides free air transportation on private aircraft for patients, as well as blood, organs, tissues/donors.
- Eagle East Aviation is an owner-operated fixed-base operator (FBO) located at the southwest side of the airport. Eagle East offers a large array of services designed to cater to the aspiring pilot on up to corporate jets.
- Four Star Aviation is a family-operated fixed-base operator (FBO) located on the west side of the airport. Four Star Aviation specializes in providing fuel and services to jet operators, as well as piston/turboprop aircraft (airplanes and helicopters), aircraft maintenance, and aircraft sales. Four Star Aviation offers the only self-serve 100LL fueling station on the airport, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Finally, Four Star Aviation hosts the North Andover Flight Academy and MBM Helicopters, specializing in helicopter training and maintenance.
- Falcon Air Inc. offers fueling, oxygen, parking, aircraft maintenance, aircraft modifications, aircraft parts, and aircraft sales/leasing/brokerage services.
- Lawrence Municipal Airport, official site
- Four Star Aviation, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- Falcon Air, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- Eagle East Aviation, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- (PDF), effective June 18, 2020
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LWM, effective June 18, 2020
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|