Lawrence Municipal Airport (Massachusetts)
Lawrence Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Lawrence|
|Location||North Andover, Massachusetts|
|Elevation AMSL||148 ft / 45 m|
Lawrence Municipal Airport (IATA: LWM, ICAO: KLWM, FAA LID: LWM) is a public airport located two miles (3 km) east of the central business district of Lawrence, a city in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States. Although it is located in neighboring North Andover, the airport is owned by the City of Lawrence.
Facilities and aircraft
Lawrence Municipal Airport covers an area of 420 acres (170 ha) which contains two paved runways: 5/23 measuring 4,997 x 150 ft (1,524 x 46 m) and 14/32 measuring 3,901 x 100 ft (1,189 x 30 m). It is located in the Town of North Andover, MA. Fueling services are offered by four fixed-based operators.
For 12-month period ending September 1, 2006, the airport had 83,200 aircraft operations, an average of 227 per day: 85% general aviation, 13% air taxi, 1% military. There are 234 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single engine, 11% multi-engine, 2% helicopters and <1% jet aircraft.
- Angel Flight New England is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation that provides free air transportation on private aircraft for patients, as well as blood, organs, tissues/donors.
- Eagle East Aviation is an owner-operated fixed-base operator (FBO) located at the southwest side of the airport. Eagle East offers a large array of services designed to cater to the aspiring pilot on up to corporate jets.
- Four Star Aviation is a family-operated fixed-base operator (FBO) located on the west side of the airport. Four Star Aviation specializes in providing fuel and services to jet operators, as well as piston/turboprop aircraft (airplanes and helicopters), aircraft maintenance, and aircraft sales. Four Star Aviation offers the only self-serve 100LL fueling station on the airport, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Finally, Four Star Aviation hosts the North Andover Flight Academy and MBM Helipcopters, specializing in helicopter training and maintenance.
- Falcon Air Inc. offers fueling, oxygen, parking, aircraft maintenance, aircraft modifications, aircraft parts, and aircraft sales/leasing/brokerage services.
- Lawrence Municipal Airport, official site
- Four Star Aviation, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- Falcon Air, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- Eagle East Aviation, a Fixed-Base Operator (FBO)
- (PDF), effective December 6, 2018
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LWM, effective December 6, 2018
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|