Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
|Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute|
125 Chatsworth Drive|
Toronto, Ontario, M4R 1S1
|School type||High School|
Amor Doctrinae Floreat|
(Let the love of learning flourish.)
|School board||Toronto District School Board|
|Area trustee||Ward 8 (Boris Cherniak)|
|Vice Principals||Mr. S. Bibla and Ms. R. Kelly|
|Principal||Mr. J. Gorenkoff|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Language||English, French Immersion|
|Colour(s)||Gold and Blue|
|Team name||Lawrence Park Panthers|
|Last updated: May 2, 2017|
Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute (Lawrence Park CI, LPCI. or Lawrence Park) is a non-semestered, public high school institution with over 1,267 enrolled. The school is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It teaches grades 9 through 12 and is operated and governed by the Toronto District School Board.
The school is located in the Lawrence Park neighbourhood. The majority of students come from the surrounding Bedford Park, Lytton Park, North Toronto, and Lawrence Park, areas. The closest TTC subway station is Lawrence station.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2018)
There are over 50 athletic clubs that wear the Panther colours of blue and gold. In recent years Lawrence Park has won TDSB Championships in Swimming, (boys and girls), Cross Country, Curling (girls), Ice Hockey (girls), Soccer (boys and girls), Track and Field, Tennis, Volleyball, Alpine Skiing, Hypnotism and Snowboarding. And in March 2016 both the girls' Curling team and the girls' Hockey team won OFSAA championships.
- Cross Country
- Girls Junior Basketball
- Girls Senior Basketball
- Boys Junior Football
- Boys Senior Football
- Boys Golf
- Girls Fall Rugby
- Boys Rugby 7's
- Girls Field Hockey
- Boys Junior Soccer
- Boys Senior Soccer
- Boys Junior Volleyball
- Boys Senior Volleyball
- Boys Junior Basketball
- Boys Senior Basketball
- Girls Junior Volleyball
- Girls Senior Volleyball
- Ski Team
- Snowboarding Team
- Swim Team
- Boys Baseball
- Girls Rugby
- Boys Junior Rugby
- Boys Senior Rugby
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Softball
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
Lawrence Park has a very large and active Drama Council that is responsible for various events at the school. The council plans and runs the Remembrance Day assembly. Each year the council runs United Artists for a Cause, a performing arts night that includes music, drama and a fashion show. Lawrence Park is one of few schools that enters 2 plays in the NTS (formerly Sears) drama festival in addition to hosting the festival. Each year, there is a school play performed for hundreds of people including Arsenic and Old Lace (2016), Departures and Arrivals (2017) and Anne of Green Gables (2018). Dramatic productions take place in a very large and recently upgraded auditorium with a new LED lighting system installed in 2017. "Masquerade," a school magazine, showcases the music, drama and visual arts programs at Lawrence Park Collegiate.
Clubs and Council
Lawrence Park Collegiate offers a wide variety of clubs and councils for students to experience. The students, along with their staff advisors, are currently running close to 30 different clubs within the school.
- The Blue & Gold (Student Newspaper)
- Women's Empowerment Club
- United Artists
- Stage Crew
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- Lawrence Park Jewish Student Union
- Investment Club
- Astronomy Club
- United Way CN Tower Climb
- Because I am a Girl
- Announcements Crew
- Multicultural Club
The school also has multiple councils for students to join, ranging from the Student Council to the Classics Council to the Athletic Council. Students are encouraged to run for these councils to engage their fellow students and staff members about issues that are important to them and the school.
- LP Student Council
- LP Athletic Council (LPAC)
- LP Drama Council
- LP Eco-Council
- LP Music Council
- LP Classics Council
- LP Art Council
Lawrence Park has 3 main feeder schools from around the area:
- Glenview Senior Public School
- Bedford Park Public School
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
Students from John Wanless Public School, John Ross Robertson Public School, John Fisher Public School and Allenby Public School graduate to Glenview Senior Public School then to Lawrence Park while students from Bedford Park Junior Public School and Blessed Sacrament go straight to Lawrence Park as they go from Kindergarten to grade 8.
Movies and Videos
- Canadian singer Shiloh sang in a music video that was shot in and outside the school.
- Many MTV commercials were shot in the school.
- The movie The Pacifier has one of its fight scene taken in the south gym on the first floor.
- Being Erica's pilot episode was shot in the school's basement and main floor hallway
- Scenes for Dick was filmed at this school.
- Scenes for Model Behavior was filmed at this school.
- The Goosebumps episodes Phantom Of The Auditorium and It Came From Beneath The Sink were filmed in and outside the school.
- JR Bourne is a Canadian actor best known for his role in Teen Wolf.
- Neil Young is a Canadian singer-songwriter, musician, producer, director and screenwriter.
- Craig Arnold is a Canadian Actor
- Elaine Lui is a Canadian television personality, reporter, and infotainer.
- Rob Stewart was a Canadian photographer, filmmaker and conservationist.
- Amanda Marshall is a Canadian pop-rock singer.
- Lois Maxwell was a Canadian actress, best known for her portrayal of Miss Moneypenny in the first 14 James Bond films
- Beverly Thomson is a Canadian journalist and correspondent with CTV News Channel.
- Jonathan Crombie was a Canadian actor and voice over, best known for playing Gilbert Blythe in CBC Television's 1985 telefilm Anne of Green Gables and its two sequels.
- Evan Jones is a Canadian poet and critic.
- Lawrence Heisey was a Canadian businessman and philanthropist. He was president and chairman of Harlequin Enterprises Limited.
- Gord Perks is a Canadian environmentalist, political activist, writer and is the current city councillor for Toronto's Ward 14, Parkdale—High Park municipal electoral district.
- Robbie Amell is a Canadian actor and model.
- Don McKellar is a Canadian actor, writer, and filmmaker.
- Liane Balaban is a Canadian actress.
- Fiona Reid is an English-born Canadian television, film, and stage actress.
- Claudia Casper is a Canadian writer. She is best known for her bestselling novel The Reconstruction
- Ghislaine Landry is a Canadian rugby union player.
- Mark-Anthony Kaye is a Canadian soccer player.
- Athabasca Laflamme is a Canadian lad.
- Meroka Kalabasa is a Canadian lass.
- D. Ditty is a Canadian haxor.
- "LPCI History". Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute. Retrieved 3 May 2017.