This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lawrence Schimel (born October 16, 1971) is an American science fiction and fantasy writer, translator, and anthologist whose work frequently deals with gay and lesbian themes, and with Jewish themes. He was born in New York, and received his B.A. in Literature from Yale University. Schimel is a member of the National Book Critics Circle and the Academy of American Poets. His is a founding member of the Publishing Triangle, an organization of lesbians and gay men in the publishing industry, which he chaired for two terms (1996–1998).
- The Drag Queen of Elfland
- His Tongue
- Juicy Mother, (with Sara Rojo Perez) edited by Jennifer Camper, Manic D Press, 2007, ISBN 978-1-933149-20-2
- Fairy Tales for Writers, A Midsummer Night's Press
- First Person Queer, (with Richard Labonté) Arsenal Pulp Press
- Best Date Ever: True Stories That Celebrate Gay Relationships, Alyson
- The Mammoth Book of New Gay Erotica, UK-Constable Robinson/US-Carroll & Graf
- The Future Is Queer, (with Richard Labonté) Arsenal Pulp Press
- Two Boys in Love: Stories of Romance and Desire, Seventh Window
- Pomosexuals: Challenging Assumptions About Gender And Sexuality, (with Carol Queen) Cleis Press
- Switch Hitters: Lesbians Write Gay Male Erotica And Gay Men Write Lesbian Erotica, (With Carol Queen) Cleis Press
- Found Tribe: Jewish Coming Out Stories, Sherman Asher
- Kosher Meat: Gay Jewish Erotica, Sherman Asher
- The Drag Queen of Elfland, Circlet
- Things Invisible to See: Lesbian and Gay Tales of Magic Realism, Circlet
- Vacation in Ibiza, Graphic Novel; Nbm
- Two Hearts Desire: Gay Couples on Their Love, St. Martin's Press
- Boy Meets Boy, St. Martin's Press
- The Mammoth Book of Gay Erotica, Carroll & Graf
- Streets of Blood: Vampire Stories from New York City, Cumberland House
- Fields of Blood: Vampire Stories from the American Heartland, Cumberland House
- Tarot Fantastic, Daw Books
- Camelot Fantastic, Daw Books
- Karvoski, Ed; Jr. (2002-03-14). Award-Winning Men: Up Close and Personal with Gay Honorees. iUniverse. pp. 149–. ISBN 978-0-595-21769-4. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "http://www.sfpoetry.com/ra/rhysarchive.html". sfpoetry.com. Archived from the original on 29 August 2015. Retrieved 8 July 2011. External link in
- "2011 Judges". lambdaliterary.org. Archived from the original on 4 August 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Tiptree Award". James Tiptree, Jr. Award Homepage. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- Raphael, Mitchel (May 17, 1998). "Where gay goes after the mainstream". Toronto Star. p. 1. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- Author's blog
- Detailed bibliography at Fantastic Fiction site
- Lawrence Schimel at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about an American science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|