December 30, 1897|
|Died||February 5, 1975
|Awards||Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award
1974 Lifetime Achievement
Lawrence Weingarten (December 30, 1897 – February 5, 1975) was an American film producer for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Filmography as producer
- The Broadway Melody (1929)
- Sidewalks of New York (1931)
- Sadie McKee (1934)
- The Bishop Misbehaves (1935)
- Rendezvous (1935)
- Libeled Lady (1936) (Academy Award nomination)
- A Day at the Races (1937) (uncredited)
- I Take This Woman (1940)
- I Love You Again (1940)
- Adam's Rib (1949)
- Invitation (1952)
- Pat and Mike (1952)
- The Actress (1953)
- Rhapsody (1954)
- The Tender Trap (1955)
- I'll Cry Tomorrow (1955)
- Don't Go Near the Water (1957)
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) (Academy Award and BAFTA nominations)
- The Honeymoon Machine (1961)
- Period of Adjustment (1962)
- Allan, John B. (July 5, 2011). Elizabeth Taylor. Blackbird Books. ISBN 9781610533232.
- "Lawrence Weingarten, 77, Dies; Produced 75 Movies for M-G-M". New York Times. February 9, 1975.
(United Press International) Lawrence Weingarten, the movie producer, died Thursday of leukemia. He was 77 years old.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|