Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Lawry's Seasoned Salt is a seasoned salt widely used in the United States. Before its retail introduction in 1938, it was used exclusively by Lawry's The Prime Rib Restaurant in Beverly Hills, where the seasoning was created. The brand is now owned by McCormick & Company. Lawry's was the first seasoned salt to hit the market; seasoned salts are now said to outsell regular table salt in the United States.[clarification needed]
The seasoning was originally formulated by Lawrence Frank, original owner of the Tam O'Shanter and Lawry's The Prime Rib Restaurant, where the seasoning was used and sold to patrons of Lawry's. In 1938, Lawry's began marketing its seasoned salt in retail stores; now many kinds of seasonings and flavorings are sold under the Lawry's name.
- "Lawry's Seasoned Salt". Lawrys.com. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Marshall, Phyllis Ann (May 2003). Orange Coast Magazine. Lawry's Carves a New Niche. Emmis Communications. pp. 156–. ISSN 0279-0483. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Steven Raichlen (2003). BBQ USA. Workman Publishing. pp. 707–. ISBN 978-0-7611-2015-5. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Unilever to close Lawry's deal with McCormick". Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Washington Dining: JFK Knew Good Food".
- Frank, Richard Nathan (1987). Lawry's Foods, Inc: A Blending of Dreams. Newcomen Society of the United States.