Lawson Heights Suburban Centre, Saskatoon
|Lawson Heights Suburban Centre|
|Suburban Development Area||Lawson SDA|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 5)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Total||1.485 km2 (0.573 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
Lawson Heights Suburban Centre is a neighbourhood that is maturing, and is located in north east Saskatoon. The neighbourhood features high density residential areas, major commercial suburban development area centre, transit mall, large green space parks which are slated for upgrade, and secondary institution. It is situated just east of the North West Industrial SDA and near the South Saskatchewan River Lawson Heights Suburban Centre combines a proximity to amenities offered by a comprehensive industrial development and the scenic river and river bank park system.
Within the Lawson Suburban Development Area (West Side) is the neighbourhood of Lawson Heights Suburban Centre. With Saguenay Drive to the east for a short strip. This SC widens out in a triangular shape with La Ronge Road to the south, not including St. Anne's School, Primrose Drive continues on the south side. Warman Road or the Canadian National Railway line comprises the western most border. Pinehouse Drive and Lenore Drive comprise the northern border. Bishop James Mahoney School and Bishop James P. Mahoney Park are part of the Lawson Heights Suburban Centre.
The Mall at Lawson Heights at the intersection of Warman Road and Primrose Drive is the community's primary commercial hub. Built in the early 1980s, it was notable for being the first Saskatoon mall to feature a food court (all of the city's other malls later added ones of their own). The area also has an assortment of standalone and strip-mall commercial development.
Bishop James Mahoney High School and Bishop James Park comprises the eastern border of the neighbourhood along Primrose Drive. A shopping mall complex, several satellite shopping strip malls, Lawson Civic Centre, high school, parks, apartments and condominiums are nestled within a residential neighbourhood set out in a court system layout. Bethany Tower, Bethany Villa and Primrose Chateau are senior's residences located in the Lawson Heights Suburban Centre.
- Saskatoon Kinsmen / Henk Ruys Soccer Centre.
- Lawson Civic Centre opened in 1989 in conjunction with the
- Saskatoon's first wave pool
- Tropical beach like pool where the water starts at 0 and tapers off until finally reaching a depth of 6 feet (2 metres).
- Water Features such as whirl pool, and toddler's pool
- Multipurpose Room
- Indoor Playground
- Fitness Room
- Poolside Deck
- Outdoor Park area.
- Rusty MacDonald Branch Library located in the Lawson Civic Centre celebrated its grand opening in 1989.
- Bishop James P. Mahoney Park
- Umea Park
- Umea Vast Park - slated for upgrade
Lawson Heights Suburban Centre serviced by a Saskatoon Transit Bus Terminal Mall.
- Neighbourhood Profiles
- About Saskatoon - sellingsaskatoon.com URL accessed February 17, 2007
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps URL accessed February 10, 2007
- Primrose Chateau (Seniors' Directory- Saskatoon Public Library) URL accessed February 10, 2007
- Selling an Idea or a Product URL accessed January 27, 2007
- Saskatoon Kinsmen / Henk Ruys Soccer Centre. URL accessed February 7, 2007
- Rusty MacDonald Branch Library
- http://www.saskatoon.ca/org/leisure/facilities/lcc.aspCity of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Leisure ... URL accessed February 7, 2007
- Saskatoon Public Library - Rusty Macdonald Branch URL accessed April 1, 2007
- Bishop James Mahoney High School URL accessed February 7, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lawson Heights Suburban Centre.|
- Local Area Planning
- Selling an Idea or a Product
- Saskatoon Retail Survey
- BPAR 2005.indd Business Profiles Newsletter
- Planning District Review Technical Report No. 1:
- City of Saskatoon City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006
|North Industrial||Lawson Heights|