List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump
(Redirected from Lawsuits against the immigration policy of Donald Trump)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs to be updated.July 2019)(
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1 List
- 1.1 Lawsuits around United States Constitution
- 1.2 Lawsuits around Executive Orders
- 1.3 Lawsuit around Presidential Proclamations
- 1.4 Lawsuits around Presidential Memorandums
- 1.5 Lawsuits around potential legal violations
- 1.6 Lawsuits around the United States Census
- 1.7 Lawsuits around Trump political campaigns
- 1.8 Lawsuits around potential sexual misconduct and assault
- 1.9 Lawsuits around financial manipulation and employee payment
- 1.10 Lawsuits around Trumps financial and tax information
- 1.11 Lawsuits around environmental concerns
- 1.12 All current pending prosecution
- 2 See also
- 3 References
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2019)
Lawsuits around United States Constitution
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Lawsuits alleging violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution
- U.S. Constitutional case law lawsuit filed by the United States House Committee on the Judiciary to compel the testimony of former White House Counsel Donald F. McGahn, Jr. under subpoena.
Lawsuits around Executive Orders
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13768, regarding sanctuary cities
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13769, regarding temporary immigration restrictions
- Legal challenges to Executive Order 13780, a revised order on temporary immigration restrictions
Lawsuit around Presidential Proclamations
- Legal challenge to Presidential Proclamation "Addressing Mass Migration Through the Southern Border of the United States" ("Proclamation") 83 Fed. Reg. 57,661, which expressly invokes 8 U.S.C. § 1182
Lawsuits around Presidential Memorandums
- Lawsuits regarding Presidential Memorandum on Military Service by Transgender Individuals by Donald Trump (August 25, 2017)
Lawsuits around potential legal violations
- Lawsuit alleging violations of compliance with a grand jury empaneled by Robert Mueller in the Special Counsel investigation
- Lawsuit alleging violations of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, 44 U.S.C. §§ 2201–2207
- Lawsuits challenging Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity alleging violations of the Federal Advisory Committee Act
- Lawsuit alleging violation of 12 U.S.C. § 5491(b)(5)(B), a component of the Dodd–Frank Act of 2010
- Lawsuit requesting grand jury materials from the Special Counsel investigation by Robert Mueller
Lawsuits around the United States Census
- Regarding the 2020 United States Census
Lawsuits around Trump political campaigns
- Lawsuit alleging that the Trump Campaign used mass, unsolicited communication of promotional messages that the plaintiffs did not consent to receive
- Thorne v. Donald J Trump for President Inc.
- Lawsuit alleging Russian interference in the 2016 Federal Elections, the Trump campaign was accused of engaging in a racketeering enterprise in conjunction with Russia and WikiLeaks
- Lawsuit regarding a pattern of persistent illegal conduct, occurring over more than a decade, that includes extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump’s personal and business interests, and violations of basic legal obligations for non-profit foundations
- Lawsuit in which plaintiffs alleged Trump's security team assaulted them during a 2015 peaceful protest based around Trump's campaign comments about Black Lives Matter and Mexican immigrants
- Lawsuit alleging Trump encouraged an atmosphere of violence and anti-Trump protesters were subjected to attacks and racial slurs being led out of a campaign rally in 2016
- Nwanguma v. Trump
- Lawsuit alleging that Trump and the Republican National Committee colluded to prevent any competition to Trump’s re-election campaign.
- Roque De La Fuente v. Trump & Republican National Committee
Lawsuits around potential sexual misconduct and assault
- Lawsuit by Katie Johnson which alleges that Trump and Jeffrey Epstein sexually and physically abused her under threats to physically harm her and her family while a 13-year-old minor from June–September 1994
- Katie Johnson v. Donald J Trump and Jeffrey E Epstein (dismissed)
- Lawsuit by Jane Doe which alleges Trump and Epstein engaged in forcible rape, imprisonment and assault while she was 13-year-old minor and another 12-year-old girl in 1994
- Lawsuit by former campaign staffer, Alva Johnson, who claims that Trump forcibly kissed her at a rally in Florida in August 2016, the lawsuit also alleges unequal pay standards for her an African-American woman compared to others on the team
- Johnson v. Trump
- Defamation lawsuit raised by Summer Zervos which arose from Trump's statement that she lied about sexual assault allegations against him
- Zervos v. Trump
- Defamation lawsuit raised by E. Jean Carroll which arose from Trump's denials of her accusation that he sexually assaulted her more than 20 years ago damaged her reputation
- Carroll v. Trump
Lawsuits around financial manipulation and employee payment
- Lawsuit alleging violations of employee payment regarding not paying him for "thousands of hours of overtime" to which he was legally entitled during his more than two decades of service
- Lawsuit alleging that Trump and his adult children had made a large amount of money by encouraging unsophisticated investors to join fraudulent schemes
Lawsuits around Trumps financial and tax information
- Appeal lawsuit against the Mazars accounting firm, in an effort to have Trump's financial information kept private
- Appeal lawsuit against the Deutsche Bank and Capital One Bank from fulfilling the subpoenas issued to the company by the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees for Trumps, his adult children, and his businesses financial records
- Case before the Supreme Court of the United States: Does a grand-jury subpoena by a state District Attorney for the President's financial records violate Article II and the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution?
- Case in D.C. court challenging the New York TRUST Act, which gives Congress the right to obtain tax information on New York residents. Case dismissed November 11, 2019.
- Donald J. Trump v. Committee on Ways and Means, et al.
Lawsuits around environmental concerns
- Lawsuit brought by Our Children's Trust using the public trust doctrine to address the effects of global warming.
All current pending prosecution
- Pending prosecution of Roger Stone (Roger J. Stone Jr.) by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, expected November 2019
- Pending prosecution of former Paul Manafort associate Gregory B. Craig for lying to the Justice Department about work he did for the government of Ukraine by the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia
- Pending criminal prosecution of Paul Manafort on state mortgage fraud charges by the New York County District Attorney
- Orestes Fintiklis, majority owner of former-Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama regarding tax evasion.
- ACN Inc. (American Communications Network)
- Business projects of Donald Trump in Russia
- Legal affairs of Donald Trump
- Links between Trump associates and Russian officials
- Timeline of investigations into Trump and Russia (2019–2020)
- Oprysko, Caitlin (July 9, 2019). "Judges: Trump violates First Amendment when he blocks Twitter critics". Politico. Archived from the original on August 7, 2019. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Mangan, Dan; Higgins, Tucker (July 10, 2019). "Trump wins dismissal of emoluments court case that challenged legality of payments to his hotels by foreigners". CNBC. Archived from the original on September 10, 2019. Retrieved July 10, 2019.
- Wamsley, Laurel (July 10, 2019). "Appeals Court Orders Dismissal Of Emoluments Lawsuit Against Trump". NPR. Archived from the original on July 13, 2019. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- Lavoie, Denise (October 15, 2019). "Appeals court to hold rehearing on Trump hotel lawsuit". Associated Press. Archived from the original on October 25, 2019. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- Valencia, Milton J. (February 8, 2017). "Chelsea, Lawrence challenge Trump on sanctuary cities". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on May 1, 2018. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- "East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Trump". American Civil Liberties Union. February 7, 2019. Archived from the original on February 24, 2019. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- for the District of Columbia, United States District Court (August 9, 2017). "Jane Doe v Trump - Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief" (PDF). NCLR: 1–15.
- "Cases: Doe v. Trump and Stockman v. Trump". National Center for Lesbian Rights. August 9, 2017. Archived from the original on June 18, 2019. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Cea, Brianna (July 25, 2018). "Trump Administration Releases Explosive Emails About Citizenship Question". Brennan Center for Justice. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Robson, Ruthann (July 26, 2018). "Federal Judge Declines to Dismiss Challenges to Citizenship Question on 2020 Census". lawprofessors.typepad.com. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Penzenstadler, Nick (April 26, 2016). "Trump campaign sued over text messages". USA Today. Archived from the original on September 11, 2016. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "Attorney General Underwood Announces Lawsuit Against Donald J. Trump Foundation And Its Board Of Directors For Extensive And Persistent Violations Of State And Federal Law" (Press release). New York State Office of the Attorney General. Archived from the original on May 8, 2019. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Mehrotra, Kartikay (August 21, 2018). "Trump Security Team to Face Jury for 2015 Attack on Activists". Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on May 20, 2019. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- "Nwanguma v Trump" (PDF). United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. September 11, 2018. No. 17-6290. Archived (PDF) from the original on September 5, 2019. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- "Complaint for Claim Relief Due to: Sexual Abuse under Threat of Harm, and Conspiracy to Deprive Civil Rights" (PDF). United States District Court for the Central District of California. April 26, 2016. Archived (PDF) from the original on October 25, 2019. Retrieved August 20, 2019 – via Mass Tort Nexus.
- Zadrozny, Brandy (June 20, 2016). "Complaint for Rape, Sexual Misconduct, Criminal Sexual Acts, Sexual Abuse, Forcible Touching, Assault, Battery, Intentional and Reckless Infliction of Emotional Distress, Duress, False Imprisonment, and Defamation". Documentcloud.org. Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- Meagher, Thomas (November 4, 2016). "Notice of Voluntary Dismissal Pursuant to F.R.C.P. 41(a)(1)(A)(i)". United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Retrieved August 20, 2019 – via Politico.
- Gerstein, Josh (November 4, 2016). "Woman suing Trump over alleged teen rape drops suit, again". Politico. Archived from the original on May 8, 2019. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
- "Alva Johnson v. Donald J. Trump and Donald J. Trump For President, Inc". PublicJustice.net. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Zervos v Trump". Justia Law. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Writer E. Jean Carroll sues Donald Trump for denials of sexual assault accusation". upi.com. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- Mangan, Dan (July 9, 2018). "President Trump's longtime driver sues Trump Organization, saying it stiffed him on overtime pay for years". CNBC. Archived from the original on August 29, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Smythe, Christie; Dolmetsch, Chris (July 9, 2018). "Trump's Personal Driver for 25 Years Sues for Unpaid Overtime". Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on May 20, 2019.
- Larson, Erik; Nasiripour, Shahien (October 29, 2018). "Trump and His Children Accused of Investment Scams in Lawsuit". Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on October 25, 2019. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Trump Legal Team Files Brief in Mazars Appeal". Lawfare Blog. June 10, 2019. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- Van Voris, Bob (June 18, 2019). "Trump's Bid to Block Deutsche Bank Subpoena Shifts to Higher Court". Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on October 25, 2019. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- Bruggeman, Lucien (November 11, 2019). "Judge dismisses Trump lawsuit against NY officials, House committee over taxes". ABC News. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Banerjee, Neela (November 17, 2017). "Appeals Court Takes Up Youth Climate Change Lawsuit Against Trump". InsideClimate News. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Trump Named as a Defendant in Landmark Climate Lawsuit". Scientific American. February 10, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- Buchanan, Larry; Yourish, Karen (May 14, 2019). "Tracking 29 Investigations Related to Trump". The New York Times. Archived from the original on May 16, 2019. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- "Hotel investor: Trump evaded taxes in Panama". NBC News. Associated Press. June 4, 2019.
- Berthelsen, Christian (June 4, 2019). "Trump's Panama hotel company accused in lawsuit of tax evasion". Accounting Today. Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on June 5, 2019.
- Protess, Ben; Eder, Steve (June 3, 2019). "A Former Business Partner Alleges the Trumps Evaded Taxes in Panama". The New York Times. Archived from the original on June 3, 2019.
- Farenthold, David A. (June 3, 2019). "Owners of former Trump hotel in Panama say president's company evaded taxes". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on June 4, 2019.
- Vogell, Heather (June 3, 2019). "Trump Companies Accused of Tax Evasion in Panama". ProPublica. Archived from the original on June 16, 2019. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- Stempel, Jonathan (July 24, 2019). "Trump must face marketing scam lawsuit, escapes racketeering claims: NY judge". Reuters. Archived from the original on July 26, 2019. Retrieved July 25, 2019.