|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
Winx Club logo
|Genre||Action, comedy-drama, fantasy, adventure, romance|
|Created by||Iginio Straffi|
|Directed by||Iginio Straffi|
(See also: Cast members)
|Country of origin||Italy|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||182 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Joanne Lee
Alfred R. Kahn
Norman J. Grossfield
|Running time||23–24 minutes|
|Original channel||Rai 2 (2004–present)
Fox (4Kids TV) (2004–2008)
Nick Jr. (2015-present)
|Picture format||480i: SDTV (Season 1–4)
1080i: HDTV (Season 5–present) and 576i: SDTV (sometimes used in Season 4)
|Audio format||Stereo (Season 1–4)
Dolby Surround 5.1 (Season 5–present)
|Original release||January 28, 2004 – present|
Huntik: Secrets & Seekers
Winx Club is an Italian animated television series[better source needed] directed, created and produced  by Iginio Straffi  and his company Rainbow S.r.l. in co-production with Rai Fiction. It is part of the larger Winx Club franchise. The series is the first Italian cartoon to be sold in the United States. It is also broadcast in over 130 countries worldwide. Winx Club is Iginio Straffi's most successful creation besides the other series Straffi created." In June 2014, it was announced an agreement with China Central Television for the construction of a theme park dedicated to Winx in Beijing.
According to Iginio Straffi's website, "Winx Club is an action and fantasy show combined with comedic elements. In the mystical dimension of Magix, three special schools educate modern fairies, ambitious witches, and supernatural warriors or specialists, and wizards from all over the magical universe.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast and characters
- 3 Voice cast
- 4 Broadcast history
- 5 Music
- 6 DVD releases
- 7 Other media
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The show features Bloom and her five best friends, Stella, Musa, Tecna, Flora & Aisha as they go on many adventures together mainly in the magical universe and on Earth. Throughout the story, they discover new fairy transformations and magical powers, battle against evil and support Bloom as she tries to discover her origins.
Season 1 (2004)
Bloom, a supposedly ordinary girl from planet Earth, discovers her magical abilities when she saves Stella, a fairy princess who persuades Bloom to join Alfea, a college for fairies in the Magical Dimension where she, Stella, and the three friends she meets, Musa, Tecna, and Flora, form the Winx Club. Later in the series, they encounter and befriend the Specialists: Brandon, Riven, Timmy and Sky, who also become the group's love interests. They also make enemies, including a trio of witches calling themselves the Trix: Icy, Darcy, and Stormy. Together, the Winx go through many adventures and discover many secrets about Bloom's past while fighting their enemies and studying at Alfea.Floria is also a fairy of the nature by the help of Bloom on earth She is becomming a Freshment fairy ( new ) fairy.(Floria) was lost in her past when she was a new born fairy then she was adopted on earth,by the help of Bloom and The Winx they helped Floria to find her Real Birth Parents this also happened to Bloom.
Season 2 (2005)
The Trix are back and have allied with Lord Darkar, an ancient creature of evil who wants to rule the universe. Together with their new member, Layla, and their new friends the Pixies, the Winx will have to fight this new threat and acquire a new power called Charmix. They also meet Helia who, at first, isn't a Specialist but becomes a Specialist and the love interest of Flora.
Season 3 (2007)
The Winx have to face a new enemy, Valtor, who was freed from his prison by the Trix and who took part in the destruction of Domino and shares a dark past with Bloom and her birth parents. The Winx will also have to earn a new transformation called Enchantix to become full-fledged fairies and Aisha/Layla meets a young wizard, Nabu, with whom she falls in love.
The events of the third season are followed by those of the first movie, The Secret of the Lost Kingdom.
Season 4 (2009)
Taking place after the events of Secret of the Lost Kingdom, the Winx find about a new threat, the four Wizards of the Black Circle, who caused all magic to disappear from Earth. The Winx go to Earth to to save the last fairy from Earth, Roxy, fight the Wizards and restore its magic by freeing the Earth fairies from the Wizards. They also earn a new transformation, Believix.
The events of the fourth season are followed by those of the second movie, Magical Adventure.
Season 5 (2012–2013)
Taking place after Magical Adventure, the Winx Club battle Aisha's evil cousin Tritannus, who's allied with the Trix in a quest to take over the Magic Dimension. To defeat them, the Winx must prove their self-confidence, empathy and courage and achieve the power of Sirenix. They will also earn the two new transformations: Harmonix and Sirenix. The Winx bond with Selkies from the seas of the Magic Dimension, Aisha meets Roy, a specialist towards whom she is attracted while Bloom will have to save her sister Daphne from Tritannus.
The events of the fifth season are followed by those of the third movie, The Mystery of the Abyss.
Season 6 (2013–2014)
The Trix are back and they take over Cloud Tower and ally with a young witch named Selina, who owns a magic book called the Legendarium which can make the legends become reality. However the Winx lose all their powers during a battle against the Trix and they will have to obtain two new transformations, Bloomix and Mythix. During their quest to seal the Legendarium, the Winx will discover that they face the Trix and Acheron, an evil wizard imprisoned in the Legendarium and who is the master of Selina.Floria was in this chapter but we never learned to see her by the use of her help the winx finished their quest Thanks to Floria.
Season 7 (2015)
The Winx discover the Fairy Animals, magical creatures with special talents that are necessary for the balance of the Magical Universe, and find out that they are under threat from the new villains Kalshara, an evil shape-shifter, and her brother Brafilius. To save the Fairy Animals, the Winx will have to travel through time, gain new transformations, Butterflix and Tynix, and bond with Fairy Animals.
Cast and characters
||This table possibly contains original research. (August 2015)|
- Perla Liberatori - Stella
- Ilaria Latini - Flora
- Laura Lenghi - Layla
- Gemma Donati - Musa
- Domitilla D'Amico - Tecna
- Tatiana Dessi - Icy
- Valeria Vidali - Stormy
- Roberto Certoma - Mike
- Barbara De Bortoli - Vanessa
- Corrado Conforti - Timmy
- Massimiliano Alto - Brandon (episodes 1-77)
- Gianluca Crisafi - Brandon (episodes 78-current)
- Laura Lenghi - Aisha
- Stefano Crescentini - Avalon
- Sasha De Toni - Nabu
- Debora Magnaghi - Roxy
4Kids Entertainment (2004-2007)
- Lisa Ortiz - Musa/Icy/Digit/Mitzi
- Liza Kaplan - Bloom
- Kerry Williams - Flora/Amore
- Greg Abbey - Brandon
- Dan Green - Sky
- Erica Schroeder - Galatea/Daphne
- Lisa Adams - Stella (replacer for 3 episodes before the returning voice actress came back)
- Dani Schaffel - Tecna (Seasons 1-2)
- Rebecca Soler - Tecna (Season 3)
- Vasthy Mompoint - Layla
- Unknown (alias for every season are: Mary Stout, Su Meredith and Grace Shepard) - Stella
- Carol Jacobanis - Ms. Griffin
- Mike Sinterniklaas - Riven
- Marc Diraison - Helia
- Sebastian Arcelus - Palladium/Timmy
- Caren Manuel - Darcy
- Rachael Lillis - Lucy, Amaryl and Faragonda
- Suzy Myers - Stormy
- Amy Palant - Mirta
- Kether Donohue - Tressa
- Cassandra Morris - Chimera
- Veronica Taylor - Diaspro
- Andi Whaley - Lockette
- Michal Friedman - Tune
- Molly Quinn - Bloom
- Amy Gross - Stella, Corra
- Alejandra Reynoso - Flora
- Morgan Decker - Tecna
- Romi Dames Musa, Cherie
- Keke Palmer - Aisha
- Liliana Mumy - Roxy
- Matt Shively - Sky
- Adam Gregory - Brandon
- Sam Riegel - Riven
- Elizabeth Gillies - Daphne
- Jessica DiCicco - Selina, Miele, Lucy, Zing
- Kimberly Brooks - Stormy
- Jennifer Cody - Darcy
- Larisa Oleynik - Icy, Faragonda, Queen Marion
- Georgina Cordova - Digit and Piff (Special, Seasons 3 & 4)
DuArt Film and Video (2015-present)
Season 7 features the following English dub cast members:
- Haven Paschall as Bloom
- Jessica Paquet as Stella
- Eileen Stevens as Flora and Kalshara
- Alysha Deslorieux as Aisha
- Kate Bristol as Musa
- Saskia Maarleveld as Tecna
- Suzy Myers as Roxy
- Billy Bob Thompson as Sky
- Jake Paque as Brandon
- Wayne Grayson as Timmy
- Marc Thompson as Brafilius
- Erica Schroeder as Faragonda
In Italy, the series' country of origin, Winx Club has been broadcast on Rai Due since its premiere on January 28, 2004. In the United States, it was licensed and dubbed into English by 4Kids Entertainment and was broadcast on Fox's programming block, 4Kids TV, beginning on June 19, 2004, with a preview episode airing on May 22, 2004. Cartoon Network also aired Winx Club in 2005 on their afternoon block Miguzi. 4Kids TV continued its initial run until September 22, 2007, airing all three seasons. The show returned to 4Kids TV's schedule on April 12, 2008 and was aired up until December 27, 2008. On July 18, 2009, reruns of the series moved to the CW's programming block The CW4Kids, and aired until July 17, 2010. Another English dub, produced by Cinelume in association with Rai Due, has been broadcast in Singapore and is featured as an alternate English language track on several European DVD releases.
Nickelodeon acquired the rights to the franchise in 2010 and produced an English dub in Los Angeles. Nickelodeon premiered the series with four-one hour specials summarizing seasons one and two. The first special aired on June 27, 2011; the second special, "Revenge of the Trix," was aired on August 2, 2011; the third special, "The Battle for Magix," aired on September 18, 2011; the fourth and final special, "The Shadow Phoenix," aired on October 16, 2011.
The third season, entitled "Winx Club: Enchantix", was aired from November 14, 2011 to December 26, 2011. The fourth season, "Winx Club: The Power of Believix", aired from May 6, 2012 to July 29, 2012. The fifth season, "Winx Club: Beyond Believix", premiered on August 26, 2012, and took a short hiatus during Winter 2012. The show returned in February 2013, and the season finale aired in late September 2013.
Season 6, entitled "Winx Club: Bloomix," premiered on September 29, 2013 on Nick. After the 8th episode, episodes 9-20 were streamed on Nickelodeon's website. On February 26, 2014, Romi Dames, the voice actress of Musa, stated that Nickelodeon will no longer be airing Winx Club after Season 6 via Twitter.  On July 26, 2015, the series moved to Nick Jr, where they will be airing the remaining episodes of the season, including the episodes streamed on Nick's website. Meanwhile, in Italy, the season aired from January 6, 2014 until its conclusion on August 4, 2014.
The seventh season premiered in Greece on May 24, 2015. English episodes premiered in Asia, from June 22, 2015 - June 26, 2015, and in the UK on July 4, 2015.
Change in licensing
In the United States, the license for 4Kids TV expired in the end of 2008. and Rainbow S.r.l. sought out a new partner. On 2 September 2010, Nickelodeon announced through a press release that they will be co-producing seasons 5 and 6 of the series.
The first special's broadcast revealed that Amy Gross is voicing Stella, Alejandra Reynoso is voicing Flora, and Morgan Decker is voicing Tecna.
At present, the series has been dubbed into 37 languages worldwide.
- Italian (Original)
- Korean (Winx Club is called Winx Friends)
- Brazilian Portuguese
- European Portuguese
- Lithuanian (Voice-Over)
- Latin Spanish
- Castilian Spanish
- "Under the Sign of Winx" (seasons 1–3, original)
- "We are the Winx" (seasons 1–3, 4Kids)
- "Winx! (You're Magic Now)" performed by Cymphonique Miller (one hour specials 1–4, seasons 3–4, Nickelodeon)
- "Winx Are Back" (season 4, original)
- "We're the Winx", performed by Cassidy Ladden and Kathryn Raio (season 5)
- "Winx Rising Up Together", performed by Kathryn Raio (season 6)
- "We're Magic All the Way", performed by Alessia Orlando (season 7)
- "The Girls of the Winx Club" (seasons 1–2, original)
- "If You're a Winx" (season 3, original)
- "Superheroes", performed by Elisa Rosselli (season 4, original, one hour specials 1–4, seasons 3–4, Nickelodeon)
- "Underwater Mission", performed by Elisa Rosselli (season 5)
- "Living the Magic", performed by Alessia Orlando and Elisa Aramonte (season 6)
- "The Magic World of Winx" (Season 7)
|Release name||Ep no.||Company||Release date||Notes|
|Vol. 1 Welcome To Magix!||5||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 1 episodes 1–5|
|Vol. 2 The Power Of Dragon Fire||6||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 1 episodes 6–11|
|Vol. 3 Bloom's Secret Past||5||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 1 episodes 12–16|
|Vol. 4 Stolen Dragon Fire||5||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 1 episodes 17–21|
|Vol. 5 Battle For Alfea||5||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 1 episodes 22–26|
|Season 2, Vol. 1 Layla And The Pixies||12||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 2 episodes 1–12|
|Season 2, Vol. 2 Battle For The Codex||14||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 2 episodes 13–26|
|Season 3, Vol. 1 The Princess Ball||13||Funimation||
||4kids dub of season 3 episodes 1–13|
|Season 3, Vol. 2 Fire and Flame||13||Funimation||
||4kids lost the rights to the show before this volume was released; it would've contained the 4kids dub of season 3 episodes 14–26|
|The Secret Of The Lost Kingdom||Film + 7||Nickelodeon/Paramount||
||Nickelodeon dub of film and season 4 episodes 1–7|
|Magical Adventure||Film + 7||Nickelodeon/Paramount||
||Nickelodeon dub of film and season 5 episodes 1–7|
|The Original Complete Season 1||26||Cinedigm||
||Cinelume dub of season 1 episodes 1–26|
|Realm Of Magix: The Original Season 1, Vol. 1||13||Cinedigm||
||Cinelume dub of season 1 episodes 1–13|
|Defeating The Trix: The Original Season 1, Vol. 2||13||Cinedigm||
||Cinelume dub of season 1 episodes 14–26|
|The Original Complete Season 2||26||Cinedigm||
||Cinelume dub of season 2 episodes 1–26|
|The Shadow Phoenix: The Original Season 2, Vol. 1||13||Cinedigm||
||Cinelume dub of season 2 episodes 1–13|
The Secret of the Lost Kingdom
On October 8, 2006, Rainbow S.p.A. announced on their official website that a Winx Club film was being produced. The CGI film, titled Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom (Italian: Winx Club - Il segreto del regno perduto), was released theatrically in Italy on November 30, 2007. An English dub of the film was released on November 20, 2008 in Singapore. The film was re-dubbed in English and released in the United States as a TV movie on Nickelodeon on March 11, 2012. This version featured the cast from the Nickelodeon dub of the television series.
The events of the movie follow those of the third season. As Bloom continues in the search for her birth parents along with her friends, she discovers more about her planet and has to fight Mandragora as well as the Ancestral Witches who destroyed her home.
On November 9, 2009, it was confirmed that there would be a second Winx Club movie released in 2010. The film, titled Winx Club 3D: Magical Adventure (Italian: Winx Club 3D - Magica avventura) was released theatrically in Italy on October 29, 2010. The film was dubbed using the Nickelodeon voice cast and released as a television special in the United States on May 20, 2013. This version was shortened from the original's 87 minute runtime to approximately 45 minutes. This movie was released with 7 episodes from Season 5.
In this film, the Trix, allied with the Ancestral Witches, manage to make almost all the good/positive magic of the universe disappear and the Winx and the Specialists go on a journey to restore it and defeat the witches. Meanwhile, Bloom learns more about her world's tragic fate that led its destruction eighteen years ago, and why Sky's father King Erendor does not want him to marry her.
The Mystery of the Abyss
The third Winx Club movie was officially announced when the official Italian Winx Club website allowed the fans to vote for its title in an online poll, with the title Mystery of the Abyss (Il mistero degli abissi) being chosen. The movie was released theatrically in Italy on September 4, 2014. An official teaser trailer was released on April 16, 2014, on the official Winx Club channel on YouTube an official preview was released a short time later. A Rai English dub of the movie was released exclusively on Netflix on October 10, 2014. Despite the entire fifth season being produced in Nickelodeon dub, the following movie was not.
Taking place before the sixth season, the Trix try to activate the might of the Emperor's Throne and inadvertently free the evil nymph and Sirenix fairy, Politea. They kidnap Sky to free Tritannus from Oblivion and acquire a magical pearl from the Coral Wreath that will allow them to obtain the vast and unequaled power of the Emperor's Throne. The Winx will have to go on a Sirenix mission in the endless depths of the Infinite Ocean to stop them and save Sky.
A comedy spin-off series titled PopPixie premiered in Italy on January 10, 2011. This series is based on the pixies from the Winx Club series, and featured characters such as Lockette, Chatta, and Amore, along with new characters. The characters Caramel and Cherie, introduced in PopPixie, later appeared in Winx Club as replacements for Digit and Tune, respectively.
Winx Club WOW: World of Winx
In September 2014 it was announced that a spin-off series titled Winx Club WOW: World of Winx would be co-produced by Rainbow S.r.l. and Netflix. Winx Club WOW will be a two-season 13-episode spin-off that will be on Netflix worldwide, with the first season to air in spring 2016 and the second in autumn 2016. The girls embark on an undercover journey all around the world looking for talented kids in art, sports, music, and science. These kids have their own kind of magic, and the Winx Club fairies are enchanted by them though it doesn't take long before trouble sets in, and a new and dangerous mystery for Bloom and the others to solve.
Several video games based on the series have been released. The first of these was Winx Club, released in 2005 for the Playstation 2, PC, and Game Boy Advance. Other video games released include Winx Club: The Quest for the Codex (2006), [Winx Club: Join the Club] for the PSP Winx Club: Mission Enchantix (2008), Dance Dance Revolution Winx Club (2009), Winx Club: Believix in You (2010), and Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party (2012).
In 2013, Tsumanga Studios released an app for iOS and Android titled Winx Sirenix Power. Other apps based on the series include Winx Fairy School (by Tsumanga Studios) and Winx Club: Rocks the World (by Budge Studios).
A Winx Club video game was announced to be released on the Nintendo 3DS titled Winx Club: Saving Alfea. The game is published by Little Orbit. Winx Club: Saving Alfea will feature the Winx Club fairies in their Bloomix power from the sixth season. It was scheduled for a release in the fall of 2014.
- Weather & Time. "How Can I Contact Iginio Straffi The Producer Of The Winx Club Series?". ChaCha. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- "Iginio Straffi". Iginio Straffi. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- Iginio Straffi, Press Page 2
- "Konami, 4kids Entertainment And Rainbow S.R.L. Announce Winx Club License Agreement". Game Zone. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Rainbow S.p.A.. "Winx Club". Retrieved 2006-11-15.
- "La 'Winx Club Serie 7' presentata da Rainbow al festival di Taormina". Libero. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Le Winx in Cina con Renzi: a Shanghai sorgerà un parco divertimenti". Il Resto del Carlino. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Winx Club (May 21, 2015). Winx Club - Season 7 - Official Closing Credits Song - EXCLUSIVE!. YouTube. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Sad news: @NickelodeonTV is not renewing Winx. Heartbroken. I loved this group so, so much. Thank you, Winx fans. You really are the best. Romi Dames on Twitter. 26 Feb 2014.
- "The next big thing" by Ann-Marie Corven, TBI Kids June/July 2010 p.6-8
- "Nickelodeon and Rainbow S.p.A. Announce Global Partnership for Winx Club Animated Series - NEW YORK, Sept. 2". New York: Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Winx Club - One-Hour Special Ending". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Winx Club News Page". Michael's Winx Club. 2006-10-08. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Kristin Brzoznowski (2009-11-09). "Rainbow Extends Winx Club Film Franchise". WorldScreen.com.
- "Winx Club: Magical Adventure". Amazon. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Winx Club: Il Mistero degli Abissi - Teaser Trailer Ufficiale del Film". 2014-04-16.
- "Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party - Game Info". Nintendo. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Winx Sirenix Power". iTunes. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Winx Sirenix Power". Google Play. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (2013-11-27). "Winx Club Unveils New 'Fairy School' Game". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Winx Club: Rocks the World". Budge Studios. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Little Orbit’s E3 2014 lineup". Little Orbit. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- "Winx Club: Saving Alfea". Little Orbit. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Winx Club|
- Official sites
- Official website Available in multiple languages including English edition currently for the United Kingdom
- Official website for the theatrical films (Bulgarian), (English), (French), (Italian), (Dutch), (Portuguese), (Russian), (Turkish)
- PopPixie Operated by Rainbow S.p.A.
- Winx Club at Nick.com