Layton Hills Mall
Mall entrance in 2008
|Address||1201 N. Hill Field Road|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||620,742 square feet (GLA)|
|No. of floors||2|
Layton Hills Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in Layton, Utah. Opened in 1980, the mall features Dick's Sporting Goods, J.C. Penney and Dillard's (opening fall 2017) as its anchor stores. The mall is owned by CBL & Associates Properties.
The mall opened in 1980 with Mervyn's and three local department stores: Zions Cooperative Mercantile Institution (ZCMI), Castletons and Auerbach's. After only one year in business, the Auerbach's store closed and became The Bon Marché. Castletons closed its store in 1987. The space became Herman's World of Sporting Goods, then Gart Sports and subsequently The Sports Authority.
The Bon Marché closed its store in May 1993. J.C. Penney moved to the former Bon Marché building in November 1993, relocating from a standalone store in Bountiful. ZCMI sold its stores in 2001 to Meier & Frank, which was then sold to Macy's in 2006. Also in 2001, the mall expanded with 28 more stores. CBL & Associates Properties purchased the mall in 2005. Mervyns closed in 2008. In mid-2011, renovations began on the former Mervyns building to convert it to Dick's Sporting Goods on the lower level and mall shops on the upper level. Meanwhile, The Sports Authority moved to a new store in Farmington.
The Food Gallery on the upper level features nearly a dozen eateries, including national chains such as Chick-fil-A, Dairy Queen, Hot Dog on a Stick, and Subway. A children's play area, sponsored by Weber State University, is located on the lower level near the center court.
In 2017, Macy's announced it they would be closing their store at Layton Hills Mall.
Dillard's has announced that it will replace the Macy's store. 
- "Layton Hills Mall: Fact Sheet". CBL & Associates Properties. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "The four 'majors' in the mall". Deseret News. October 7, 1981. p. M7. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Knudson, Max B. (March 5, 1987). "Castletons reorganizing and expanding". Deseret News. p. B5. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "Layton mall headed for high-class auction". Deseret News. September 1, 1993. p. B3.
- Bryson, Robert (February 25, 1993). "The Bon to bid voyage to Layton Hills Mall". The Salt Lake Tribune. p. B5.
- "Shoppers, leaders watch as Penney's grandly opens its Layton Hills store". Deseret News. November 10, 1993. p. B7. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Parkinson, Paul (October 13, 1993). "Once-bustling commercial area is quiet". Deseret News. p. B8. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Knudson, Max (March 1, 2001). "ZCMI stores to be renamed". Deseret News. p. A01.
- "Layton Hills Mall adds 28 merchants". Deseret News. December 6, 2001. p. B10.
- Nii, Jenifer K. (November 8, 2005). "Layton Hills Mall sold to Tennessee company". Deseret News. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Asay, Jasen (January 6, 2011). "Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Layton Hills Mall". Standard-Examiner. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Asay, Jasen (June 14, 2011). "Dick's Sporting Goods almost ready for mall". Standard-Examiner. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Lee, Jason. "4 Utah stores among Macy's, Kmart closures". KSL.com. Retrieved 5 January 2017.